or Connect

Posts by Rambler

Wish these came in a narrow/B width like some of their other models. I have a pair of Hood Winter Lights in B width which I really like.
Quote: Originally Posted by 888style Does anyone know who makes this type of lock. Hard to read the print in the picture. Seem to remember a link to similar type lock was posted a while ago. Can't find it. Thx. I think Cheney makes some of the locks for English cases as well as for Filson. Not sure if this one is a Cheney but it's the same style: https://www.saddler.co.uk/shop.html?...e_luggage_lock I have a similar round lock on my...
I probably prefer the round lock but only by a slight margin. But if I had the square lock, I wouldn't long for the round lock. If I were getting the square lock though, I'd prefer the style that has the wavy top vs. the one that is completely square all the way around.
Here are some pics of mine when it was new. It's since darkened and been marked up a little. I intend to take some pics down the road to show how it's aged. http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...id=1Yctm7Vizdk
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamtripper Thanks. I just recieved the Paternoster in Havana and still have the wrap case in London Tan incoming . Do you carry a computer in your wrap case? Did you have any internal/external pockets added? I'm having internal pockets added to mine for writing instruments/business cards/phone/calculator and considered the small newspaper pocket in the rear, but thought that might affect the case's clean...
I currently own the wrap case in London tan. I've owned other SAB cases in Havana and chestnut. I would chose the London tan every time. I would argue that it's more versatile than Havana as it looks great with blacks and browns (light and dark). Havana does not go as well with black imo. For versatility, I would say LT>chestnut>Havana, from my experience with all 3 colors. But NONE of the colors would be a bad choice!
Hello, I am looking to sell or trade my LW Suburban in heavy 4 oz. chrome-tanned Horsehide. I purchased it used recently and unfortunately, it's a little too small on me. I am asking $500 as a sale or will trade for a brown Aero slim-fit half belt (long or regular). Please PM me if you would like additional pics. Jacket is in excellent condition with some light wear marks on the collar and under one of the arms. The wear marks are just darker colorations and are not...
Too much Gucci for my taste. I was also disappointed that some of the brands listed have very few offerings. For example, SAB has literally 1 item - a golf umbrella with none of the option choices.
That's interesting about the locks. I wonder if they just changed the style or if they were sourced from different manufacturers. Either way, they're both great. There's really nothing mysterious about the rain drop marks. It literally just looks like rain has fallen on it by creating spot marks. But eventually, after more rain, hand marks, other elements, further darkening, etc., the marks all start to blend together forming the beginning stages of a nice patina. ...
Looking over my bag again, I can really see how the color is beginning to change since there are some areas, mainly the sides and bottom, that still have the beige color. It could be due to exposure to the sun which can darken leather and those areas are less exposed. One other thing I did so I could do a true comparison over time is I took off the luggage tag and stored it since I don't really need it. That still looks very beige and the new finish on it is much...