or Connect

Posts by Kempy

Thanks for the quick reply! This sounds more and more like what I am looking for, if the tailor really is out of the original cloth we settled on I will go with the Fox Brothers unless anyone else has some suggestions. I live in Seattle which apparently has very similar weather to London so I'm hoping I would get a decent amount of use out of it.
Thank you very much for the feedback!Do you happen to have a picture of the jacket? Just curious what the fabric looks like made up as I haven't even seen the swatch in person.You mention only getting a couple months of wear out of it given your current location. Does it wear fairly warm? I was hoping it being a bit lighter flannel would offset it being a DB.I believe I tracked down the cloth in the photo if anyone is interested as a VBC offering, but to your point I...
All, I had commissioned a DB suit in a medium gray woolen flannel with a chalk stripe windowpane. It appears the tailor may be out of the cloth so I am exploring other options. I am thinking about the following from Fox Brother's: http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/151/flannel/fox-flannel-classic-grey-chalk-stripe Anyone have an example of a suit made up in this (SB or DB) or alternative cloth suggestions? I'm hoping the final product looks slightly similar to this...
I'm on the hunt for an overcoat as well, something that would be fairly versatile. Have you looked at Charles Tyrwhitt? I have thought about the following two: http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ym-gbpdefa...nned=&browse=Y http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ym-gbpdefa...nned=&browse=Y
Quote: Originally Posted by MrDaniels Every Nordstrom suit department has at least one guy who dresses Soph/ Manton/ TC/ Vox-level. Be sure he is the one who helps you and you will never go wrong. If those Nordstrom SAs can afford a bunch of bespoke suits I may consider a change in career... The SAs here in Seattle/Bellevue have been nothing but friendly to me. I was looking at outerwear at a few of the different stores and asked up front...
I think you'll find most people's opinions here to be diametrically opposed to yours. The very fact that you don't have a lot of money and a large varied wardrobe, in my opinion, means you should buy items that serve double duty so to speak. That means things that can be worn in various settings. For me personally the shirt/tie combo you posted I would never wear, but if I did I would only feel comfortable wearing out to a bar/club (I'm in my mid 20s). I work for a .com...
Hi Coburn, I've been contemplating ordering a shirt and I know you mentioned in a different post your desire for less tie space. I am curious which collar you requested for your shirt? On the website all the collars seem to have very little, if any, tie space. Personally I was looking at the classic spread or English wide spread. First shirt will definitely be self measured (due to no tailors being in the Seattle area soon) and of the cheaper fabric so I can make...
Nothing wrong with pleats, flat fronts are currently "fashion forward" at the moment. I have and wear both, I'm 26.
Sorry would have pm'd you directly, 2 post rule :/
I'll take them