or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

Quote: Originally Posted by NAMOR anyone here still keep their money inside of their brozeers? im surprised this option wasnt included in the poll. maybe im just old fashioned.. I'm still in a training bro or I might. I use a M-clip, haven't used a wallet in over a decade - couldn't stand sitting on them and I don't need to pack a lot of shit like a woman.
I think either look fine but in photo A I'd choose a smaller cuff and in photo B I would opt for another .25-.5" of length.
Quote: Originally Posted by lockey2k I purchased some shoes recently which are a tad tight. What is the best way to stretch a shoe's width? Lockey2k I'd be careful, I had a pair of suede loafers stretched by a cobbler and they went from looking brand new to looking worn even though the leather itself wasn't visibly damaged. It's hard to describe but you can just tell the shoes have been stretched out and it doesn't look so good to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceW From my understanding of construction, I believe welting adds weight. I would look for Italian makers of whom I know nothing about. Perhaps Berluti? My Guccis are all pretty lightweight since they use Blake stitching and a single, thin leather sole so I think that is a good point.
Quote: Originally Posted by johnannemarie thanx for the advice Ice, i would wear the boots as per my avatar whilst out to dinner Ah, those would work (and look tasty) but I'd opt for a dress shoe myself - it's seriously blazing hot there 24-7-365 - so any extra leather to build up heat is something I'd personally pass on. I don't even wear all leather sneakers in the summer typically. What I found so crazy when I was there is the vast...
Highly recommend: http://mainebows.com/Merchant2/merch...ode=bow_styles Most custom makers offer a selection of shapes/size.
Quote: Originally Posted by mr monty Amedeo Testoni I think this combines almost every type of shoe I dislike into one :vomit:
IMO, assuming the fit is actually perfect then I'd opt for that - I buy several brands that aren't "SF-approved' because they fit me OTR and fit/look is more important to me than construction methods and even materials.
I loved SG and the Sands hotel - the rooftop pool is ridiculous! Wear linens and other light clothing as it will be hot as balls and humid too, think Miami summer. I'd skip boots, can't see where you'd use those. One of my favorite trips ever, the people are super friendly and Asia as whole is all about good service. I don't like Durian at all but it's basically the national fruit of SG, if you are driving around and smell baby poop/rotten chicken that is...
Quote: Originally Posted by allaboutshoes If you find another pair, maybe you can pick it up for me I'll be honest, I have thought about flipping this pair - and I may have to if they don't break in enough for me. Keep an eye out on B&S, there was a brown captoe version for sale quite recently so they do show up here too.