or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

Let's talk/show different cuff types. Cifonelli Key West - what do you call this cuff type? I'm most curious about the tab. I believe it's a French Cuff too. Someone posted a pic not too far back of a tan, possibly hunting, coat with this type of tab closure - would love if anyone can find it I've had no luck. French cuffs on Cifonelli. I love the first one jacket, the second one is really bizarre to me - check out the double button at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShoesYouCanUse Sweet ! Ditto. I love the unlined aspect.
I would try Audiogon and AVSforum - there are folks there with multi-million dollar theaters. Hell some of the speakers are over $100k alone.
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR Presumably you want to buy on line and not trouble to try them on in a shop? I'd guess Yoox since they usually have a bunch of Piombo in which case order both sizes and return which ever doesn't fit
Quote: Originally Posted by trigirdbers I have a solid navy blazer with sleeves that are pretty much at the minimum acceptable length so getting them taken up is not an option. This being the case, is there any way of repairing the frayed sleeves? I've seen a new coat where the sleeve ends were done in leather as a stylistic nod, if I recall correctly a SF member said this was a way that they used to repair them for longer wear.
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 doesn't change the fact that they sell junk. I think that is pretty harsh - they offer a wide range of quality. I've been happy with most of my purchases.
http://www.gilt.com/blog/2011/05/16/...eo-kevin-ryan/ Gilt will now be offering full returns if you pay for shipping back - great news in my opinion. They are also going to be expanding what they will accept back to include some of the smaller stuff like belts.
Just received this from Yoox: Billtornade (or Bill Tornade) is a French company but I don't know much else. This is labelled a "S" and fits like a narrow 36R with high/tight armholes and very slim (and long) sleeves. No place of origin but I'm guessing overseas and not France. Reasonable quality for Yoox price of $300->$100. And got these about a week or two ago: Zegna XXX Couture double monks with plain chisel toe in black. 8.5D
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetGreen I noticed a reference on another thread to the 'elusive' 38L. Is this the most popular men's jacket size? In the past I've had to go halfway across London because only one particular outlet of a certain brand had one last example remaining while all other sizes were plentifully in stock. Do retailers not make many, or is it simply the popularity of the size which means it sells out quickest? Err,...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Note - I have the 2" version as I prefer it a bit thicker. Oh, reaaaaally? This explains a lot.