or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

Quote: Originally Posted by WorkingOnIt For $345, a Hermes T-shirt better be woven with the H logo pattern like their tie. Is there anything special about them? Fabric, constriction, etc? I got my first premium shirt recently (Truzzi) and I can see from how it is made why it costs more than an average shirt like something from Theory or the online MTMs. I get what PT is saying too, wouldn't want to have to pull the Rolls up to more...
Quote: Originally Posted by dieworkwear Really, really educational, Jeffery. As always, I feel like your posts are as illuminating for non-tailors as they are for tailors. I always walk away from your posts feeling like I have a better eye for details. Thanks again. Ditto, I appreciate you taking the time to explain even though you are mostly correct in that I don't understand
Quote: Originally Posted by JermynStreetBoy Thanks for everything guys - OP here - I went ahead and took them out. This forum is badass. Indeed, I just learned that I shouldn't be ironing my FC folded. Oops.
Quote: Originally Posted by inlandisland Thanks - will try. Again, I love your blog. I am just going to implicitly trust that your edits to my draft will make it better. What will the changes in the pattern do? Or, what is their purpose/what are they fixing? Very cool btw!
Quote: Originally Posted by daxeem Thanks guys. Sorry about the off observations on my part. I just now gained interest in suit etiquette. I'm still not sure if it's a suit or tux in the video I think the main thing I want to find is the vest. Finding a similar suit/tux shouldn't be too hard. It's a clearly a suit - the first thing you look at is the lapels, are they grosgrain or satin? If not, it's not a tux. You do see some more...
Is that a real price?? The GW was never rare at least not in New England. That's '70s muscle car pricing. We had this exact one btw, same color inside & out, when I was younger.
I have an AC tuxedo and love it - their jackets are one of the few that fit me perfectly OTR so quality and SF approval take a back seat. The average person will think it is very nice too. I saw a great AC linen SC recently at Nordstrom's and was glad they didn't have my size in stock... I would have considered full price.
Wow, they make a 36L - I gotta point that out to my brother. I've been eyeing a Aquascutum blazer and if it wasn't black would probably have already bought. Seems like a nice quality, if not super SF level, still above most entry level brands.
Wow, pants were too long and you were upset? That is what hemming is for. Now if they were shorter than described then you would have a legit complaint.
Have you tried on a Short in your size? Depending on your arm length and how much extra material (if any) is in the sleeveend that may be your best bet. Also some of the more fashion forward brands run their normal jackets a bit short on the length and that may work for you too. Then there is of course MTO or bespoke...