or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

The most critical measurement is the width from shoulder to shoulder, the rest can usually be adjusted if it isn't too far off. Depending on your build you may be able to fit some 36s but you'll need to experiment and also try various brands as sizing is a bit all-over-the-place. A lot of the designer/european suits you'll see on Gilt, Yoox, etc tend to be slim so you may have luck with 36s if you aren't super narrow - and I've seen Yoox with 34s so there is that...
I have a Truzzi shirt with them and really like it to be honest - it keeps everything in place without being visible. Plus it gives my wife something to do when I'm getting dressed
It's not universal, just like lapel width gorge and button placement differ but in general I prefer the look of the top button in roughly the same place regardless of 1,2 or 3 buttons. I own three 1 buttons jackets - two have the button about the same place as the top button on a 2 button coat and the other... is closer to where the bottom button would be. I never wear the jacket with the lower stance as I think it looks really weird, at some point I'd like to have a top...
That surely does look like a defect to me I can't honestly believe the buyer would sabotage the shoe but instead he did not bother looking at this second shoe until later - unfortunately it seems "convenient" for him from the seller's POV. Considering Allaboutshoes does a fair amount of business, if I was in his shoes I'd take them back and just suck it up as part of business. It was one thing when it was about wrong size/color - I'm sticking to my guns there, B&S is a...
I just got some of the 3A last week and they are really nice, I'm totally happy.
Thomas Pink
I'd agree that the in general B&S is "no returns" however that wouldn't preclude me from at least asking, if something didn't work out for me, if it was returnable. Definitely a good idea to spell it out though.
I'm not a fan of the button collar myself, coming from NE I think of it as a very preppy thing and that's not really my style. I also think it looks weird with a tie. I did get a shirt recently from Truzzi which has hidden buttons on the underside of the collar and I really like that - keeps the points in place but is invisible.
Thanks for the quick reply Kent, much appreciated. To those who have had the polos for a while - how do the collar points hold up? One of my pet peeves on most of my polo shirts is the tips tend to curl in unsightly ways and even ironing the bejesus out of them barely helps.
Hi Kent, I'm hoping you can offer an opinion as I'm looking at your navy knit dotted ties to go with a blue & white seersucker suit. I'm wondering if I should stick to the all white dots or would the light blue & white dots work? It would be great to see either "demo'd" - there are no shots showing how they look in use making it a little hard for me to imagine. Of course I can imagine the labor involved if you had to take pics of all of the ties, shirts, etc in use! If...