or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

Quote: Originally Posted by intent Hickey was HF's attempt to reach a younger market. It wasn't as successful as they had hoped and has since shut down. Half-canvassed suits, modern fits (though with kind of padded shoulders). Probably good at $350 or less. EDIT: I own one and it's good. Damn. I just tried a Hickey suit jacket on today (HF fit me like a box) and it was a perfect fit. I'm just not a drop 7... who the F has a 29" waist?
Quote: Originally Posted by blahman From just walking around the streets I see so many people who are more slight than I am. However why is it so hard to find decent jackets with 16.5"-17" shoulders and 28" length. I hear you, it's not like I'm a freak of nature - I see plenty of dudes that are my size IRL. If it helps here are a few sz36 models that were too long for me but fit my 17" shoulders: RLBL Anthony ZZeg no model listed Roda...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola The problem is not all Z are cut exactly the same. Not all Roma,Milano etc are all cut the same. I've tried on Z that I couldn't get on in my size. I've tried on ones one size down that almost fit perfectly. Yup, they don't seem to all use the same cut/sizing - I'm usually a 36 but in ZZegs I have tried on I actually size up to a 38 whereas Nicola's experience is the reverse needing to size down. Most...
Quote: Originally Posted by WorkingOnIt I'm 5'9" and with my torso length, the Short jackets tend to cover the perfect amount of my backside. I have never been able to wear a Regular without the coat looking ridiculous. I agree, this is an important part of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by memo1019 i thought that one was sold already it sounds like 36 other than 38 though It was, to me I agree, definitely more like a 36 in the shoulder measurement - IME ZZeg's in a 38 fit me well excepting sleeve length and overall, on average (of different brands), I am a 36. The ones I've tried on have been narrow shouldered and slim fitting which is what I need.
Cool pic - it's interesting, one last doesn't need a lot of space... but wow, I hadn't thought about how they need different sizes & widths of each one and how that would add up quickly.
Shiny
I dig stingray leather but not so much on that shoe. Now if it was blue or green, maybe.
Quote: Originally Posted by mjphillips If you're in NYC check out Century 21. If you want something super cheap & quick, check out H&M. Regarding style, I'm a fan of spread turndown collar & 1/2" pleats, though pique can also look nice. IMO spread collars look like shit with a bowtie and particularly a tux. The last event I was at of several hundred older gentlemen in tuxedos I probably saw one in a pleated shirt... most men seem to wear a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Papa Doble So do the side adjusters/tabs have a few buttons you choose from or is it some sort of O-ring? I've never seen or bought pants without belt loops, obviously. Wizard's photo shows it - it's more like a ratcheting system, what's weird to me is the strap is made of rubber or plastic and not fabric. Feels cheap tbh but not something anyone would see. They aren't like the typical side adjusters you might see...