or Connect

Posts by Icehawk

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The BB is only the classic formal shoe that is readily available today. EG makes a nice one but it costs 3x as much and is hard to find. Mine are Church, quite OK for what they are, but Church apparently stopped making that model a long time ago. Are we talking GY welt only? I saw a pair of patent Ferragamo's last weekend at NMLC, did not look closely to see construction method. I know a few of the...
Yoox sometimes has sz34 jackets/suits
Quote: Originally Posted by amdovers Burlington Black Label will hug you. Try them. Any kind of link/where can we find them? A quick Google was no help. Those Polosohpy ones in the 2nd post look by far the nicest I have seen. Too bad they don't do RTW, it looks like just bespoke so I'd bet those are $300+ ea
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 BULLSHIT You have a private agenda. The fact that Ebay sided for the seller tells a lot about YOU as a buyer. Sellers should be wary of YOU as a buyer. It's ridiculous - he's resurrected every fucking thread he can find to badmouth the seller. ONE post about it is enough and IF a current thread about it were to pop up ok, go ahead and post. Pulling up old posts is just plain bad form and if...
Oy, tried on a pair of Zegna XXX double monks yesterday... perfect damn fit. OK price too (about half MSRP) but I don't really need them nor have the spare cash. Still I have a deal about to close and I may have to buy them for myself as a treat if they are still available then.
Just purchased/received a coat from WhateverYouLike, great communication, fast shipping, and item as described. Would definitely conduct business with him again.
Just arrived Looks good/as described. Fits nicely if a little long in the body and needs some serious press/steamer love.
Quote: Originally Posted by intent Hickey was HF's attempt to reach a younger market. It wasn't as successful as they had hoped and has since shut down. Half-canvassed suits, modern fits (though with kind of padded shoulders). Probably good at $350 or less. EDIT: I own one and it's good. Damn. I just tried a Hickey suit jacket on today (HF fit me like a box) and it was a perfect fit. I'm just not a drop 7... who the F has a 29" waist?
Quote: Originally Posted by blahman From just walking around the streets I see so many people who are more slight than I am. However why is it so hard to find decent jackets with 16.5"-17" shoulders and 28" length. I hear you, it's not like I'm a freak of nature - I see plenty of dudes that are my size IRL. If it helps here are a few sz36 models that were too long for me but fit my 17" shoulders: RLBL Anthony ZZeg no model listed Roda...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola The problem is not all Z are cut exactly the same. Not all Roma,Milano etc are all cut the same. I've tried on Z that I couldn't get on in my size. I've tried on ones one size down that almost fit perfectly. Yup, they don't seem to all use the same cut/sizing - I'm usually a 36 but in ZZegs I have tried on I actually size up to a 38 whereas Nicola's experience is the reverse needing to size down. Most...