or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball The AMHC suit look much better than YWY suit. The best way to get a reasonable price suit from AMHC is CMT. Much better price than using house fabrics. BTW, IMHO, LP Four Season is not a good choice, it is the cheapest range in LP with a reason. Tasmanian is much better. Thanks for the post and photo. Thanks for the comment. What does "CMT" stand for?
By the way, does anybody know a comparable tailor in Shanghai? I have done some research, but I haven't found anything beyond WW Chan. Does anybody know if it is generally possible to get a suit in the quality of a Hong Kong tailor in Shanghai?
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbolo It's just a personal feeling. It would be fair to try out their suits as well, but as mentioned I didn't have time. However, what struck me was the much more commercial/professional management which is usually good for customers, but in this case I just felt that they would mark this up in their average prices. But again, just my humble opinion. ok, here come the pics, but I couldn't get the exact...
Quote: Originally Posted by observer Has any SF member used Y William Yu, for bespoke work? It would be good to have some feedback on quality and prices as on some accounts this outfit does Kilgour's entry level bespoke Maybe this is a bit late, but I just used YWY for a suit. Check the post at "A Man Hing Cheong vs. Y William Yu". I will post some pic's there, too. I didn't have any problems with their service like upfront payment or...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Interesting and detailed post. Pictures of your suits would be more enlightening. I am not sure how Chan could have "mismanaged the appointment." Did you visit them when they were in the course of moving and renovating? That might have made things more complicated. I am also not sure that they are any more "commercially driven" than any other HK tailoring establishment. All are out to make a buck. I am sure A-Man and...
Hi everyone, considering that it's been a while since the last posting on tailors in Hong Kong I decided to volunteer by writing about my recent experience there. I had recently made two suits with an additional pair of pants and a shirt from A Man Hing Cheong in Hong Kong Central's Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Y William Yu in Mody Road on Kowloon Island. I also tried to check out W W Chan in Nathan Road, but for some reasons they made an overbooking and I didn't have...