or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

I guess so, but can't say for sure. My cutter in HK is called Andy and he mentioned he flies to the US regularly. It would be a great coincidence if there is another Y William Yu in the world of custom-tailoring....
I am not sure about such a tight schedule. Maybe if you give them an early-warning and go early morning on your first day, late evening on the second and again late evening on the third, so that they deliver via mail to you. that might be possible. Why don't you ask them YWY and AMHC? Here are the details: YWY: +852-2369- 2141 , ywmyu@biznetvigator.com (very responsibe, basically daily) AMHC: +852 2522 3336, amhcltd@netvigator.com (i only called them) do me a favour...
I think three days might be a bit too tight to have more than one fitting. I myself travel to HK once every six weeks, so I could wait until they were ready. If you are an "easy" case they might be able to make a "second" fitting only and then send it over by mail. Probably that's best. but check with them, their phone-number is mentioned in my first thread. I needed several months to have the suits ready. Went their once, waited two months, went for two fittings,...
for the suit mentioned earlier i think three, for this jacket i only had one, but i am sure i could have had many more. why? do you think it's poorly fitted?
Hi, I went to YWM again over NYE, the result was a pretty nice sports jacket, Italian fabric (Vitale Barberi or so..), 4200 HKD, I also bought a couple of shirts (750 HKD on average), but am too lazy to take the pic's now. The jacket has a perfect fit and feels extremely comfortable to wear. I also went over to AMHC for a few more shirts (1.100 HKD on average but all are Sea-island and feel absolutely fabulous), pretty nice quality. AMHC had done soft collars and cuffs...
Just as a follow-up after wearing both suits for a couple of times: The AMHC suit has definitely a stronger canvassing. I assume this refers to everyone's comment that they have a more British cut than many other HK tailors. The YWY suit is less canvassed and generally much softer. I had also asked for a flat shoulder which is typically more Italian style. I also used a Loro Piana cloth, whereas the AMHC one is made up of one of their British house cloths. When...
The cutter in the HK shop, named Andy, mentioned he regularly visits the US for individual measuring, but I didn't ask him any further. I guess their quality must be the same as in HK, naturally with the same people and work-processes in place. Not sure about US prices, but should definitely not be more expensive than the WW Chan prices or any other HK tailor there.
Short? It could be the picture, because at first sight I had actually thought it might be a tick too long. When I compared to my other MTM suits, though, the length seemed quite ok. Another point I just read in another post: bespoke/custom-made doesn't necessarily mean tightly fitted. I also think the AMHC one looks better, because it is more tight, while the YWY suit makes me look bigger. However, I am wearing it today and actually it feels quite nice except for maybe...
Any more comments about the pics, please?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball CMT stand for Cut, Make, Trim. You provide the Fabric, the house do the rest. AMHC charge around HKD6,000 for CMT. If you know where to buy fabrics, you could get 3-3.5m super 130 you used less than HKD3,000, it make the price of the suit under HKD9,000 instead of 14,000 you paid. If you want to save more, just make the jacket in AMHC, and the pants at other place, you can cut the price to under HKD7,000. That is...