or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

Just for knowledge-sharing: I also visited some tailors on the Kowloon side for price comparison. I checked Tak Tak tailors in the Langham hotel: a really ridiculous shop probably based on walk-ins from the hotel which have no clue about prices. I asked the entry-price which were quoted at 7.000 HKD, which seemed normal. But then I asked which cloth they use and it was all complete no-name crap which felt and looked really awful. For Loro Piana "four seasons" (which I...
another review of AMHC, Y William Yu and this time newly David's shirts: I refitted my suits from AMHC and YWY, much better now, especially the YWY one. Then I added a few more shirts for which I wanted to share some prices with the crowd here: AMHC: two sea-island Alumo shirts, price was 1.500 HKD each, the most expensive of them all. I was in a slight rush, so I couldn't spend too much time choosing cheaper ones. They had cheaper ones, but I like the Alumo cloth...
Hope it's not too late: go to A Man Hing Cheong in the Mandarin Oriental, awesome quality, cut/fit and service. A bit more price, but well worth the money! I will be going there again this Thursday!
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball The quality of LP 4 seasons is poor, go for LP Tasminian instead. i agree, made in lp fs and it easily wrinkles. feels, nice, but not very sturdy. maybe for jackets only it's ok. wouldn't do it again. go for vitale barberis, very nice feeling, price and quality
Quote: Originally Posted by miomall1 Where can one find the Malton or Maidwell? Yes, where can you get these two? I called the the CJ UK phone-number yesterday to order the Maidwell, but they didn't know it. THey said they could research it for a few days, but I was to eager to buy the Clifford and the Selborne in the meantime. Does anybody know where they can be acquired or if there is any special story behind them?
thanks for that. Honestly, I am not that happy with the fit of the tux. looks too big, not fitted enough, everything needs one more fitting, but in fact i only had one fitting with it anyway. and i am standing on a newspaper, because in korea you dont' wear streetshoes inside apartments. yes, may sound strange... to lowdnes - i like them very much, but i wouldn't accept a suit without a serious number of fittings. that's really taking too big of a risk for a...
sorry, forgot the pic's........
Hi, here is my tux just purchased this week, not from WW Chan, but from Y William Yu, which is a nother high-end HK tailor. Please note that I haven't worn it "properly", as I don't have a bow-tie and cummerbund in my place here. So the wow-effect is not as big as expected. Anyway, I am eager to hear your opinion. I am also posting my thread on Y William Yu and A Man Hing Cheong for suits and shirts in general: http://www.styleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Quote: Originally Posted by japes1313 Hi all - I am thinking of having Chan make me a tuxedo at Patrick's next visit to NYC and I was hoping for some suggestions. There are a few threads from 2006 and prior, so I thought I'd start a new one to refresh. I have 3 Chan suits, there are all fantastic, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any details that are specific to tux. I am currently thinking: - Black (although I need advice between this and...
Ok guys, another chapter of mine with YWY: Tuxedo! I went there two weeks ago, as I had a business-trip in Hong Kong. I didn't order the tux right away, as I was not sure when/if I need it these days. However, last time in January their cutter Andy showed me the standard cloth (well, black!) and the price of 7.200 HKD. I called a week later and ordered over phone. Then during my last week's trip I had one fitting and the whole thing was then mailed to me only a few days...