or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

Hi Fishball, it's usually Peter, but he's not always available. Either he is out or he's busy with other customers. So many times Mr.Poon himself jumped in or one of the other guys. Don't get me wrong, they are not really rude and do their job. However, if you spend this amount of money on something you want to have a proactiveness to a certain degree. But instead, you need to push them for giving you advice and also they always sound like"ok, if you really really want...
Hi, I just came back from HK from another visit at AMHC. I bought two plain white shirts in Egyptian cotton, a blazer + grey pants and a sports-jacket + brown pants. White shirts were 850 each, the blazer was Super120, Huddersfield (I suspect), navy and together with the grey pants cost me 9.500 HKD. The sportsjacket was something with cashmere included and together with the pants cost me 10.500. So the average was 10k for each "suit". So far I am impressed by the...
Quote: Originally Posted by clockwise And I think it is extra pleasant to be picky in Ascot Chang's comfortable environment with helpful staff. The shirt shopping experience was excellent, I had a fitting one week after my order and then picked up my 4 new shirts today. It took total of 11 days from order to finished product and it costed considerably more than any other tailor I have used in Hong Kong in the past. But I would be surprised if I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Suits or shirts? doesn't matter. anything that provides price transparency is welcome!
This must be the funniest definition I have ever heard about the origin of sea-island cotton. In case you are US American, there are also other islands outside the US which grow cotton. Quote: Originally Posted by Satansicle Originally it was long thin fibered cotton grown on the Sea Islands off the coast of South Carolina and Georgia. Considered the best cotton in the world because it could be turned into soft yet strong threads. The modern reality...
anyone any further examples regarding prices in HK, please?
Let me compile my price-info so far: A Man Hing Cheong: - plain, Egyptian cotton, white, 850 HKD (ok, but could be better) - plain two-ply, twill, 950 HKD (very nice feeling) - Sea-island, I believe Stuart Mason, 1.100 HKD, average for three shirts - Sea-island, Alumo, 1.500 HKD The craftmanship is extremely nice and definitely comparable to any kind of brand-manufacturer. David's shirts: - Stuart Mason, 1.200 HKD + another 200 HKD for the 4mm buttons. - I...
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbolo another review of AMHC, Y William Yu and this time newly David's shirts: I refitted my suits from AMHC and YWY, much better now, especially the YWY one. Then I added a few more shirts for which I wanted to share some prices with the crowd here: AMHC: two sea-island Alumo shirts, price was 1.500 HKD each, the most expensive of them all. I was in a slight rush, so I couldn't spend too much time choosing cheaper...
Correct, should be 4 mm. Will post pic's later on!
yes, correct. He mentioned that he will move to Nathan Road. Quote: Originally Posted by luk-cha FYR the intercon shopping arcade will not be here much longer as it is being knocked down and rebuilt!!!