or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

Lovely thread with a very relevant question. I realised both brands have very inconsistent qualities. Some Lacoste I bought were totally ruined after washing just a few times, while others I could keep for more than 10 years. PRL same story, even though almost none of them kept their original quality. I bought some PRL in a flagship store in Hong Kong, which seemed very different to the basic ones I used to wear. Oh, and for another brand: I tried out Uniqlo. I know, I...
yeah...welll, in hindsight you know more, right? have you seen one of their shops, though? they really have fantastic and also funny designs and made it sound like they were "specially made". now i know they really are, made out of polyester!
I have used three different tailors over the last eight years, you need indeed a "strategy". I think you need to trade-off between price vs. quality vs. attitude + it all depends if you have more than say 5 days there. Shorter than that, you won't get a decent one. THat's for one fitting, I believe. I found the best quality on a really consistent level was A Man Hing Cheon in the Mandarin Oriental, even though I hate their damn attitude. They are rude, arrogant and...
or maybe we should open another thread where people can let out their worst brand experience or so? or maybe worst vs. best, that would be interesting.....
i am 100% with you, i also don't buy "luxury" (except for polo/lacoste shirts!) and usually have stuff tailored for me. still, i would not expect Bally/Prada/Polo to be this arrogant and/or messed-up. I think compared to Vilebrequin these companies would understand that brand-experience is more than just a pic on instagram. seriously, i keep saying it, but Vilebrequin is a bad brand....
admittedly, i have never bought a luxury item online and will never do it again. that is to say.....Vilebrequin is not a luxury brand in my eyes, just a mass production rip-off. Do yourself a favour and buy something else, offline if possible but what do you think of their CS attitude?
I get the feeling they don't have a proper CS team or process. If they want to sell online, they better get used to it. I don't think it's luxury brand anymore. What a shitty brand I also thought about Orlebar Brown, but the VB designs were just better.....well.....Maybe I should not have listened to my friend who pushed me to get them.
well, i was really looking forward to it, because i liked the design. i am frustrated and disappointed, because they didn't give ANY feedback for ten days, and then the feedback i got was: "ok, we will get back to you, oh we couldn't reach you, yes, there are some differences"....i think if you pay over 300 euros for two pairs of any luxury item, you should be able to get at least an average customer service and not this bs. and yes, i did notice the difference, because...
Hi everyone, I bought two pairs of Vilebrequin this summer, but it was a very disappointing and frustrating disaster. I wonder if someone has a bit of opinion how to fix my problem. I bought two pairs of swim trunks online, which both stated they were made in Polyamide, but then the more expensive one actually proved to be Polyester. I tried to get a clarification from Vilebrequin, but they actually ignored my mails. I had to send at least 5-6 emails with a very...
Interesting comparisons. I have tried A-Man, YWY and also WWC. I myself would tend to pay a little more and get exactly what I need. With AMHC I realized they do extremely classic cuts, but are extremely rude, unreliable and a bit sloppy if you don't control the output. Still, I keep going there to buy shirts and jackets. I love William Yu for his pants, absolutely best in class and extremely well fitted. Not so much the suits (but I don't buy suits these days anyway)....