or Connect

Posts by gumbolo

Interesting comparisons. I have tried A-Man, YWY and also WWC. I myself would tend to pay a little more and get exactly what I need. With AMHC I realized they do extremely classic cuts, but are extremely rude, unreliable and a bit sloppy if you don't control the output. Still, I keep going there to buy shirts and jackets. I love William Yu for his pants, absolutely best in class and extremely well fitted. Not so much the suits (but I don't buy suits these days anyway)....
Hi guys, I am considering to purchase two pairs of shoes of C&J, I have several already, so it's not about whether they are good or not. Rather about look & feel. I am thinking of purchasing a suede one and am contemplating between the Lonsdale, the Belgrave and the Millbank. Which one do think is more versatile and easy to combine? I am also thinking of buying the Chadwick 2 vs. the Seymore. I bought the Lowndes earlier, but my feet hurt from it, can't wear it. I am...
Hi there, I just came back from another trip to HK where I had some suits made. I want to focus this threat a bit on the attitude and customer-service of the tailors. First and foremost: I do not recommend anyone to go to A Man Hing Cheong. I have repeatedly been treated in a very disrespectful, arrogant and sloppy way. I think these guys are just so spoiled from walk-in customers of the Mandarin Oriental, that they seriously don't give a f**k about repeat-purchases. I...
cool, thanks guys. actually, i have getting suits and shirts in hk for quite some years, but didn't know armoury. homepage looks awesome and will definitely spend some time there next time
Thanks a lot. How much marked up, do you think? 10% or more like 50%? I am eyeing for the Cavendish which is around 400 pounds in their mail-order catalogue.
Hi, can someone tell me where to buy C&J shoes and Barbour jackets in Hong Kong? Ideally rather central. Also, are those two brands marked up a lot or similar to English prices? Thanks!
Hi guys, I am travelling to HK soon and wanted to stop by AMHC again for a suit or jacket. I was wondering if anyone knows a bit the no-name house-cloths. I wanted to know the manufacturers behind it. They usually told me that it was all British cloth, but I wonder which house they actually use. They usually push these quite strongly before opening any discussion on branded cloth (Scabal, Zegna, Dormeuil). I chose a no-name with my first suit there and the quality is...
i hope this post here is not too old, but let's try anyway. i would like to ask for some insights on the fitting of the first picture of the brown sports jacket from william yu, as i will visit his shop in december. on the first picture, left and right of the lower part of the lapel, you can see that the cloth/suit is somewhat wavy, leaning inside. this actually got worse since i started wearing it. i wonder what is the reason for it. i usually don't wear anything in my...
hi, i am curious about the different prices. can you let us know in detail what you paid for each item at chan? i am planning a trip to hk by the year-end and am considering to change from amhc over to chan, as their service attitude really pi##es me off. i have good experiences at william yu, just some issues with the canvassing which i will have to check with them in december. also, really big compliments on the corduroy suit, looks awesome. i never even thought about...
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbolo Hi, I just came back from HK from another visit at AMHC. I bought two plain white shirts in Egyptian cotton, a blazer + grey pants and a sports-jacket + brown pants. White shirts were 850 each, the blazer was Super120, Huddersfield (I suspect), navy and together with the grey pants cost me 9.500 HKD. The sportsjacket was something with cashmere included and together with the pants cost me 10.500. So the average was...