or Connect

Posts by cigarMan

Great news, any more pictures available? Are the seams hand or machine stitched? Would it be possible to order it MTO before February?Thanks
@Leaves Any update on the split toe shoe? My initial post here.
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it seems the EB "Dover" is happening... Source: https://instagram.com/p/5a0vqXykfF/
A small company in the UK G&M Tools is selling new old stock Barnsley shoemaking tools / knifes. I have no affiliation other than being a happy customer. Delivery was fast, the tools are outstanding and the price is more than appropriate. http://www.gandmtools.co.uk/product-category/saddlers-shoemakers-leatherwork-tools-trade-knives/ Enjoy, Leo
Dear all, Many thanks for your kind answers. The stretch on the prime part of the hide is minimal, but I'm still hesitant. I've had amazing results blind stitching the leather by hand, despite it being very very thin, which makes me wonder. I've been practicing that a lot and most calf hides tend to tear or it is very difficult to achieve a clean hole through the middle of the skin. But with these hides I had full control, despite them being no more than 1mm thick. My...
Dear Nicholas, So you would suggest buying all that is left? I was really worried about the stretch, as it is clearly giving more that standard box calf. I've added three lousy iPhone pictures of the Montana, will take pictures of the Cara Fils hides soon. Regards, Leo
Dear shoemakers and leather experts, I've found some old and super soft calf hides from Tanneries Cara Fils & Cie, defunct since 1984. They look amazing and they have a nice fine natural hatchgrain on them. But there is some light stretch to it. Could that be due to the age? And would you suggest to use it for shoemaking? What do guys think of Montana calf? The seller has a few very old skins and I love the texture, but again, I'm not sure if it is any good for...
Interested as well, depending on the final cost.Thx for such amazing GMTOs.
Wow, really nice. My guess would be UK12 to UK13, just by outsole measurments. Would you be willing to post more pictures? Where does one find such treasures? Thanks
I'm up for trades, if you find a pair you like...love your online store.