or Connect

Posts by AlexE

The pure presence of the collar made from worsted wool is actually a sign that corners were NOT cut. Most waistcoats (even from high end brands or makers) actually come without this feature and have the back made from Bemberg only.
Looks a non-issue to me and I would not be sure if more precise cutting and sewing is even possible with this rather delicate material used for the back of the vest. More important: this part is not to be seen by anyone (like the lining of the coat) because you will wear the suit coat on top, which is supposed to stay on.
At this time of the year I would also consider taking the S-Bahn out to Lake Starnberg: Cycle around the lake, go swimming or visit a beer garden and enjoy the view of the Alps beyond the lake.....or head to Lake Ammer and go on a (beer)-pilgrimage to the Andechs monastry. You may also wanna check out the Tollwood festival in the Olympic Park http://www.tollwood.de/english/summerfestival-2014/
Easiest way to check authenticity of Abercombie & Fitch: Put the shirt to your nose. Inhale deeply. Does it smell like the perfume of a cheap street-hooker? Then it has the original smell of an Abercrombie store. If not it must be fake. Extra-question for the OP: What do Classic Menswear and Aberscrombie & Fitch have in common? Exactly, NOTHING. So next time post such a question in the appropriate forum.
The suits are half-canvassed and made somewhere overseas (I believe it is Thailand, but do not nail me down on that). Hard to say what this means for quality, but it certainly explains some of the price differential. I guess another reason for the lower prices could be the fabrics - unfortunately one does not know what the weight, fineness and source of the available fabrics are.
If you are looking for a trench jacket, then burberry has a lot of choice at steep prices. If you want a real trench coat you should look for those from Grenfell - they have the classic Windsor model, which can also be bought online and a shorter model (do not remember the name, but seen it in a store). http://grenfell.com/rest-of-the-world/menswear/mens-coats/grenfell-windsor-trench-coat
For those interested - Here is a cross-posting on my latest Chan acquisition and the excellent experience with them: http://www.styleforum.net/t/127218/show-us-your-chan/645#post_7207725
Here is a photo of my latest W.W. Chan purchase. I ordered it on one of Chan's recent tours and I was later in Hong Kong for a basted and another fitting with Patrick Chu. I had already gone through the whole process with basted and other fittings for my first Chan suit, but wanted to do it again since this was my first three-piece suit made by Chan. Patrick Chu and his team did a formidable job and the suit came out very well. The service was as always impeccable. I also...
I am looking for fabric options for a new suit, it should be a worsted wool three piece which would be used in the more formal / most formal business settings. Hence worn mainly during the day or early evening and should be good for most of the year in the temparate climate of central Europe (so covering outdoor temperatures ranging from 0 to 25 centigrade). Hence, the fabric texture should be sufficiently fine and the weight should not be too high or too flimsy (e.g. i...
Suit and tie is fine, you will see the full range from very casual to business formal.