or Connect

Posts by AlexE

I know that I am reviving and old, but interesting thread. My favorite blue for shirts is somewhere between ice and sky blue, i.e. clearly distinct from white / light grey, but still with an ice-ish feel to it as in the case of this shirt (fabric is Acorn Grasmere "plain sky") It goes well with navy, dark grey, medium grey and light grey suits as well as with shades of khaki / brown and, therefore, is extremely versatile - maybe the most versatile shirt color...
That was probably 5 or 6 years ago...
I only know the shop from the time Mario was still working. Back then he asked for around $2.5k for a two-piece made from a standard fabric (I think he had books from the usual Italian/British/Belgian suspects). However, somehow I never took the plunge...I liked Sid Mashburn's store a lot, but just like you I never felt comfortable with the middleman approach. I big drawback of most MTM programs is that you are measured by a sales guy (not a tailor) who forwards a few...
Having lived in Atlanta for several years I could not come up with any trustworthy bespoke tailor (not MTM programs) other than Mario Bosco. Are there any these days?
As I wrote there is still a material gap, but prices of tailors in my area have developed more moderately compared to Chan. When I started using Chan around 6 years ago, a local tailor would have charged a 200% premium over Chan for the same quality (individual pattern, same fabric, maybe a bit more handwork than Chan), now the premium is less than 100%.This is still too much to replace Chan completely with local work, but for the special pieces I am considering it mainly...
The latest quotes I received for a 3-piece suit ranged from approx. US$2600 - 3200 depending on the fabric (the cheapest was a basic Holland & Sherry Classic Worsteds, the most expensive was a Scabal Super 100s). Harrisons Premier Cru (also a Super 100s) was somewhere in between at approx. US$2900. Hence prices depend extremely on the selected fabric and it would be best if you simply shoot them an email, which they typically answer within a few days. Also note that these...
Your body's posture in the second and forth picture of the original thread looks very, very strange. Is this really how you stand in a comfortable upright position??? If NOT, commenting on the pictures is pointless because the suit should fall nicely (without unnecessary bunching) when you are standing in a relaxed upright position with the arms hanging down comfortably - and not when making strange moves.
Thanks for the nymphenburg link. I know that the previous owner (Mr Rudolph) was well known and highly regarded. Never heard anything about his successor.
Max Dietl is one of the two local names on my list (together with Sicking). Have you had any first hand experience with Dietl's bespoke program?
I have used for years the services of a well known HK tailor and admittedly I have been generally happy with the results. However, i increasingly am unhappy with the distance between me and my tailor. Firstly, there is the challenge of commissioning new suits since the tailor visits Europe only a few times per year and those dates do not necessarily fit my work schedule (also the tailor does not visit my home city which forces me to take a day off and travel to another...