or Connect

Posts by AlexE

Some snapshots of today Suit: W.W. Chan (Holland & Sherry Classic Worsteds) Shirt: W.W. Chan (Thomas Mason) Tie: Atkinsons Pocket Square: Exquisite Trimmings Cufflinks: Brooks Brothers Belt: Crockett & Jones Shoes: Crockett & Jones
I have a question, which does not concern fit, but a recent repair of a suit: I had a little damage on the inside of a suit collar rewoven. Unfortunately, it is not as invisible as I had hoped. I know most people will say that it does not matter since it is on the inside of the collar and not visible when wearing the jacket, but then there is my OCD. So, is it possible to get the reweaving done better (in which case I would ask for the repair to be redone) or is this...
Only if there will be strippers ... pretty ones.
I have been traveling for years heavily for business and managed to get away with carry-on only when staying out Mon-Thu or Mon-Fri If there is a weekend in between for private reasons or because intercontinental travel would make it a hazzle to go back and forth, I started opting for carry-on plus finding a dry cleaner close by and getting things (underwear, shirts) cleaned over the weekend. As long as you do not use hotel laundry it is not so expensive ... also the...
That is why the ancient Greeks and Romans opted for Togas ...Seriously: If someone specifically trains body parts, e.g. arms to become more muscular than average joe, then it is a question of time until when suit patterns made for average joe will no longer do the trick. It seems that he has reached that limit with his Polo Ralph Lauren suit, which are not super skinny (I own one myself and I am certainly not at risk of anorexia).
That probably will make MTM / bespoke necessary for you since your are training your body out of the standard proportions used for the suit patterns of manufacturers.
Colors are unfortunately a bit off ... the handrail was white even though it seems to be blueish in the pic ... fixed that now.
Today I wore a variation of the California tuxedo at a conference Paul Stuart blazer Brooks Brothers waistcoat W.W. Chan shirt (Thomas Mason fabric) Windsor silk knit tie Drakes linen pocket square Brooks Brother chinos Allen Edmonds suede shoes Note: Fixed distorted colors in originally posted pic ... this is a better representation of outfit colors.
Had a chance to take some snapshots after work and thought I'd post them here. We had sunny 26deg centigrade in Munich today ... so was a good time for a half-lined lighter weight suit Suit: W.W. Chan (Holland & Sherry Super 130s wool ... do not remember the book) Shirt: W.W. Chan (Acorn ... from the "King" book) Tie: Exquisite Trimmings PS: Drakes Belt: C&J Shoes: Ed Meier
Yes it is.