or Connect

Posts by stickonatree

Quote: Originally Posted by likeitaloud why? it is a common courtesy. like when someone asks you "how are you?" i try not to reveal my lifestory, but give a general "i'm fine". i try not to reveal that i spend thousands of dollars on suits and shoes. you couldn't think of this?
i usually tell people that i thrifted it, whether or not it's true. if it doesn't work (like for new shoes), i'll say i got them off ebay. if they ask for the brand, i'll tell them "some weird random brand." if they keep pressing, i'll ask them "have you heard of (insert brand name)?" then proceed to tell them about it when they say "no."
the shoulders and chest look mighty clean. the back tapering is great as well. arms look a tad airy, but that's perfect for wearing under a suit without your cuffs getting pulled up. great job overall!
damn they look good!
Quote: Originally Posted by Cards & Cubs I love this graph. Your conflation of "AE, Alden, C&J benchgrade, etc." into one category is an ingenius decision, assuming that your intention is to set off a firestorm of debate. I can't think of a more economical way of pissing off so many SFers. Kudos! not sure what you mean. those 3 i listed all are about the same in build quality, both from my own inspections as well as many SF threads. CJ...
Quote: Originally Posted by HalfCanvas I don't think you're curve is quite right (much too steep in places and not steep enough in others), but it also largely misses the point, I think. This is not your fault. You are actually thinking logically/rationally. But, what I've noticed through the years is that customers aren't paying premiums for those tiny incrimental increases in quality (for example, is a Kiton shoe really twice as good as an EG shoe?)....
Quote: Originally Posted by meauounji Stickonatree, I think Nicola's talking about shoulder measurements when he's saying 18.5". Not seeing where you're getting 35" from, though. ah, yes, you're right. not used to waking up so early! Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Yes. I can give my measurements for a comparison. I'm 5'9 ish. 175cm. My chest is about 38.5" round up to 39". I should fit a 40" jacket...
killing time until SB, someone indulge me. IMO, anything above a certain pricepoint has only tiny increments of what we perceive as increased quality. the graph below (drawn using a state-of-the-art drawing program) illustrates what i mean. do you agree, disagree, or have other theories/ideas? discuss.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola Which is a problem for some of us. I'm not oversized in the shoulder area but I still need to ignore the chest measurement when buying a jacket. Depending on how he is built I could easily see him needing a 48. 48 is 20 or so inches of shoulder? A 40 is 18.5"? BTW it's not really about working out. It's more about basic build. I don't really work out and still need a jacket bigger then my chest size. 20...
have any of you people who've replied above, read the OP's post at all? most guys seem to think they have broad shoulders, while in reality they have normal shoulders. not saying that you're lying, but just that i'm a bit skeptical, especially when you combine it with the following sentence: Quote: Originally Posted by avenger15 (5'7" and wear a 48R) first of all, 48R corresponds to chest width and sleeve/jacket length, not really shoulder...