or Connect

Posts by Mistral

I would go with BOW measurements. Japanese manufacturers often measure jeans different than the BIG method.
It probably is some leftover starch, which gets "reactivated" after washing. You could opt to wash them thouroughly, as in agitating the fabric and rinse them afterwards, so the starch comes out of the fabric.
Edit: Load of crap here, because I didn't read correct. The cigarette slim is a different cut. Higher rise, somewhat straight slim cut. The XX-013 is a slim tapered cut. Lower rise opposed to the XX-015 and a taper from knee down. A soak or wash will get everything back into "when new" status, might be that there will be some residual shrinkage, but don't expect much (this due to the industrial laundering process). So the only way to make the hems smaller, is indeed to...
True. But the keywords are stress, agitation and abrasion. Just running water over denim wouldn't hurt.Also @ Jompso: You could also opt to partially soak trouble regions. I'm not in the wear them damp camp either, for the obvious reasons. But you either have to toughen up and break them in, size up or find another way. Just because of the latter I've mentioned it.
No. I allready mentioned before. Water alone, does not cause indigo loss. Wearing them damp to stretch them out easier will not to, either. Only abrasion will.
Yes. But you could opt to wear them damp. Cotton is easier to manipulate when wet.
If jeans bleed indigo after a soak, it is because it is excess indigo. Soaking will not cause indigo loss. Indigo at first is not soluble in water and after the dipping/dying process at the manufacturer, indigo oxidizes into/onto the fabric. Indigo is only lost due to abrasion, which gets more apparent after washing, when the indigo which was rubbed off, leaves the fabric.Excess indigo is just indigo that has not caught onto the fibers of the fabric, because the cotton...
I can read perfectly fine. In fact, I allready did. I just can't help you asking for something that in theory just does not exist.Anyway... Since you're into a Dioresque fit (If I understood correctly) I would look for a slim tapered fit. The Somet 003 was mentioned before, but I guess if you need more taper (since the 003 is almost a straight cut), you should venture towards the 008. Might be a bit tight for your liking, but it ticks all boxes. Low rise, slim fit, tapered...
The point that you don't seem to understand is that a straight cut does not taper. I'm not discussing fits here. There are a shitload of them. Wide/loose, tight/skinny, relaxed/fitted or slim. Whatever one's wants to call them. And then you have some variations, like for instance straight, tapered or flared/bootcut. So a wide straight cut, indeed is a more generously cut fit, which due to this has a somewhat roomier topblock and a - here it comes - a straight leg, whereas...
Dude. There is no such thing as skinny, straight or wide tapering. Just full taper, which starts at the upper leg and a taper from knee down. How excessive the taper eventually is, does not matter (might be that's where the name is coming from), but in fact whenever a taper is applied you can't speak of a straight cut anymore. The topblock has nothing to do with this. Tapered (or not) only applies to the legs of a fit/cut.So straight fits do not taper. Hard isn't it? Since...