or Connect

Posts by bookster1uk

Oh dear, I must visit the forums more often. We have had difficulties this year not least because we are so busy , the reasons are well documented on AAAC and we had already taken steps to improve our response time to enquiries. I cannot tell who you are on here so please contact me direct at bookster1uk@hotmail.com ( please use the subject line and mark for my attention) and or call me on +44(0)7733281968 . Peter
It should fly out on eBay?
Good timing, we have at last been able to increase the range of styles, models and options we can offer,for example most recently that included an Edwardian style double breasted tweed frock coat, a nehru is also possible, imagine our choice of cloths applied to one!Smoking Jackets, 3-2 rolls are amongs the options. We have not publicised our new capabilities yet as we are still fine tuning the offer, and needless to say it will be at a higher price, but even goes as far...
A few from me
I have a question, after ordering over 30 samples, I still haven't found the perfect tweed from your cloth book. I am looking for something in brown, but most of the browns I ordered have a little bit too much green in them. I will probably end up ordering more swatches, but could you give me some recommendations for brown tweed cloth with no hints of green in them? [/I] If you contact us direct I can give this some thought and an informed response. One thought I have...
This is correct, we have always been happy to make from customers own cloths
Originally Posted by Equus Leather Another fan here - I buy mine from Bookster who other than being incapable of keeping to deadlines are very good and have a very good choice of fabrics. Charlie Worth qualifying this comment. Our delivery times vary according to how busy we are, and if as in this customers case it is a special / unique order it can take longer and is more difficult to give an exact delivery date. Deadlines that we agree to such as for weddings, civil...
Regard a new tweed jacket like a pair of fine shoes, they need 'breaking in' , especially if it is a substantial cloth.Don't expect it to lie just as you would want straight out of the box. It will 'mould' to your shape. Softer but still 'real' tweeds like the Saxony's take less time. For the heaviest cloths, make provision in your will to pass them on as they'll mostly outlive us all:D
Absolutely right, they are designed to carry shotgun cartridges , but we sell the same model with flat patch pockets for less specific use, some customers like using the pockets when travelling to get around cabin luggage restrictions as well as an inside map pocket,cunning huh?We offer flat patch (and patch pleat) pockets on our other jacket models too, in my opinion they look perfectly elegant and unobtrusive. its quite a popular choice, it echo's older designs from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcellionheart Haha, thanks, Bookster for chiming in. I hope you won't mind my soliciting opinions from the forum. I like the way the jackets look and am quite satisfied. I am, as you said, always attempting to improve fit every time, of course and hopefully move towards a really excellent look. To everyone: Yeah, my jeans suck. I almost always wear cords or moleskins with my jackets, though when I'm doing more...