or Connect

Posts by ridders

very interested in feedback/comparisons on those 3 bags. almost pulled the trigger on a pullman off of ebay the other day but have the same reservations about the clamshell format. It would seem the sportsman allows for better access (compared to the travel and duffle) but have read that it can loose it's structure when it breaks in.... I too am looking for a great 2-3 day carry on bag. i've gotten good at packing light and my rollerboard is overkill sometimes....
Hi there- I've recently started a new job that has me traveling semi-regularly, been using a very typical travelpro rollerboard by have started to wonder about the virtues of wheel-less carry on travel....the Filson 243/Pullman and the 246 have caught my eye.... Any one have experience with them fitting in overheads? I end up on 757-200's and 300's and occasionally airbus 319s etc... Any experiences/suggestions? Thanks
Hey everyone- Just wanted to provide an update. I ordered and received a M&W Laptop Brief in Steerhide (brown) color. Pre-sales communication was excellent, often with answers coming back in an hour or two. Shipping was fast, because they had the item in stock. The bag itself was lovely- rich color almost closer to a cherry brown, as opposed to the examples on the website. I immediately realized the bag was a bit too big for my needs. About a week in, I experienced an...
I've been in communication with the folks over at MW (they've been very responsive and kind to my barrage of questions) i'm about to order one of their laptop bags in Brown Steerhide (I've read up on the horsehide hype- for some reason I'm compelleled to stick to cow based hides, even though they're heavier). I'm a bit nervous, upon close inspection of their website, I noticed that they've changed their design such that the shoulder strap now attaches to the top of the...
yes, I had it pretty stuffed, I have to admit- plus it was a very crowded flight with tons of people with rollerboards. I was able to get it under the seat, so it wasn't an issue. It's somewhat amusing though- with my 20 inch travel pro suitcase it's almost the same size as the SBL! to be clear it's never been a real issue- but something about the situation made me rethink the bag as well as my packing habits...
Wow what a difference a year makes... pretty much right after I recieved my SBL Classic, I was given new responsibilities within my job that put me on the road more. I'm no road warrior by any stretch, but over the last 8 or 9 months I have stated to realize that perhaps the Saddleback is not the right bag for me. The tipping point was when a gate attendant gave me the evil eye as I walked past the gate check bracket on a packed flight back east from SFO. I have had...
Thanks again for everyone’s advice on this thread and the forums in general. The day after christmas I bid on, and won an auction for a large Dark Coffee Brown briefcase. With the New Years holiday and all, I received it the around January 6th or so and have been using it as my daily commuter ever since. It’s an incredible bag. I’ll back up everyone’s previous comments about the weight of the bag, it is heavy but not cumbersome. I’m not a very tall guy (5’7) so perhaps...
Done- Bid on and won a Large Dark Coffee Brown via the Saddleback ebay store last night. I hope it's not tooooooo big but given the size of the bag i've been using for years, I think I should be alright. I can't wait. Merry Christmas to me. Thanks for all the information everyone.
Crane, Sorry I think I was unclear, I wasn't referring to the quality of the saddleback products. I'm sold on the quality of the product. I'm just on the fence on the styling, which, while beautiful, might be a bit too rustic for me, much like Red Wing Gentleman Traveler boots. At the same time, I feel the MW Traveler might be too tame. I think i'll end up with the saddleback, most likely.
ugh. This thread is a killer, not only the drama, but the actual content...whereas i was totally sold on the Saddleback look, this Traveler totally plays on my inner turmoil that I need to step up just a bit on the refinement angle (i'm currently trying to become a little bit, just a tiny bit, more of an adult), but i don' t want something mainstream like Coach or whatnot. I can't remember where on SF someone referred to the Saddleback as the Gentleman Traveler of...