or Connect

Posts by darkoak

I have a suit that have just a bit too much shoulder padding that what I prefer. Would it be possible to have a tailor reduce the padding somehow? How expensive would something like this be?
B-S, so is it correct to infer that cavalry calf is lower quality that "regular" or box calf?
I saw a nice Kiton sportcoat at Barneys sale today, made of 50% cashmere, 50% bamboo. I was surprised when I read the table--what, this thing is made from the same material as chopsticks? However the fabric felt pretty nice, maybe b/c of the high cashmere content. Anyone has experience wearing a bamboo garment? What's the long-term performance like? Do you get splinters ever?
Nordstrom in downtown SF (SF Center) has a good selection and a terrific return policy. They mostly have Aldens, AE and Ferragamos though; maybe a few Santonis. Neiman Marcus has some Lobbs and the usual Italian designer shoes (Gucci, Prada, Testoni, Tod's etc). Saks has Heschung, Testoni, Zegna, and the usual Italians. Malouf's in Burlingame has a selection of Ed Greens.
Does anyone have a polo.com discount code?
Quote: What about that shirt.??.  No pins in the back?  It's the slimmest shirt of all time.  The highest yoke I've ever seen too. I think when they took the picture of the front, they pin the back of the shirt. When they took picture of the back, they pin the front of the shirt. That shirt is not that slim in real life.
I just saw former President George HW Bush at the Super Bowl opening ceremonies, wearing a navy blue blazer with his trademark repp ties. What struck me however was that he buttoned both buttons of his blazer. I thought you were supposed to just button the top one. Comments?
I don't remember the titles (esp. since I don't read Japanese), but if you go to your local Kinokuniya, you'll find a few Japanese magazines that has lots of pictures of suits. They go into details of construction, etc. and even includes interviews with the tailors.
Can you post his url, for us newbies?
Who made Cary Grant's suit in North by Northwest, by the way?