or Connect

Posts by Acephale

Not a lot to add to this grate threak. . . practice and patience. . . and enjoy all the frustrations of thread (the stuff that comes on spoils - erm maybe I am understanding interwebs speak at long last) breaking, needle threading, clogged erm what are the bottom thread spoils called... pricked fingers... sewn nails... and tension. . . Oh and iron every seam after stitching. . . and you will need a sleave ham (like a mini pillow) for the curvy bits... Have fun. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator All of vot he said above... Amen, enough said and very well said. Quote: Originally Posted by Svenn ...Why it is so hard for a tailoring company to produce basic, full-canvassed bespoke suits for around a $1000 is incomprehensible to me, there's like 5 people that do that in Hong Kong!!! ... Suggest you read some of the threads on here and indeed if you wish to play devils...
M@t if you still want to do the capsule hotel experience then may I suggest Ueno for your last night as you can get the Keisei line train diresctly from there back to Narita. . . A few hotels thereabouts listed here - http://gojapan.about.com/cs/accommod...yocapsule4.htm The most authentic one which is a landmark in the area (It looks like 15 odd stories of concrete capsules balanced on top of each other at odd angles) overlooks the lotus blossom park - with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Actually, the real reason is because their clothes are provided free through deals sourced by their agents, and they have to return them after the event. Yup... and plain and simple marketing/product placement even if the clothes don't fit (and as anyone has ever done a fashion shoot will understand why duct tape and bulldog clips are a stylists best fiend).
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas Uhh, guys, did you see his original "old list." Even though kaxixi recommended Barco on Staunton Street I should and thus shall still note the Feather Boa next door for ambiance, chocolate sprinkled strawberry Daiquiris and martinis... Linq and Sapphire on Pottinger Street are a couple of quieter bars with step level stools just away from the LKF mass... And the ole staples Red, Isola and the other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter In future wash in advance a couple of times... In cold water if you are not willing to get them dry cleaned/professionally laundered for the +/-HK$30 it costs here...
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas Looking for some good recs here, as I will be in HK in about 3 weeks. Hoping to meet up with some of the SF mafiosi while i'm out there. Whatcha wanna know? Where will you be? What do you want to do?
You can get a boat over from Ranong port on the west coast of Thailand too for about a dollar. Myanmar immigration (a hut on a rocky outcrop) cost another $5 though. Only spent an afternoon there but c/would go back and this thread is becoming a gem - carry on and thank you kind knowlegeable poasters...
Quote: Originally Posted by VKK3450 Tung Choi Street in Kowloon can be fun. Full of little Chinese gangster wannabees drinking Chivas and tea, playing dice and singing Canto-pop tunes. If thats your thing. K The block between Goldfish Street and the Flower and Bird Markets at Prince Edward? There now are a few erm welcoming looking bars on there that do not have blacked out windows and a possible cleaver wielding clientele... and worth a...
http://hk-magazine.com for listings/reviews/events etc Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Lan Kwai Fung is where most of the bars/clubs are. It is in Central on HK Island www.lankwaifong.com/ Clubs: Dragon-i (upper G/F The Centrium Wyndham Street www.dragon-i.com.hk/) has a huge patio so you can mingle/get some fresh air/smoke and M1NT down Hollywood Road by the temple. DimSum at Maxims at City Hall...