or Connect

Posts by Acephale

Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter are you going to Dubai for tourism, by yourself? Not really. I have to travel to the UK and this is the scenic route. (Emirates fly into Birmingham from Dubai and from there I can get a cab and be where I need to be in a hour or so rather than a 3+ hour train/bus/cab from Heathrow... not to mention that direct flights to Heathrow from HK over Easter what with the BA strike are silly monies...) And...
Thank you for such a helpful response Francisco, I have The Jumeirah on my to do list - was only going for cocktails but the Abra sounds like fun. Melike playing in boats however cheesy. And a desert package sounds ideal too. I am on my own and it is my first visit so I don't mind doing all the cliches. And I have never been in a hot air balloon so that should be done too. Excited and thank you all again.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter ...you don't really see that much sand, let alone sand castles. Indeed... Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 Any chance of doing this but on a camel? Seriously though thanks for all the replies peoples, appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter sandcastles? I don't know anything about sandcastles. was that what you really wanted to see? It's a desert. It has sand. Sand equates to sandcastles IHOMO. Anyhows it has been suggested that Bab Al Shams is a rather nice replica fort like sandcastle restaurant with traditional (more or less) cuisine with a rooftop to smoke shisha on. And cocktails at the top floor bar at the Jumeirah...
As it has to be about the journey rather than the destination and as Emirates appear to be rather palatable I shall be intending a stopover in Dubai for a day and a night or so... So I am requesting any recommendations from you fine and dandy stylish folks not necessarily pertaining to sandcastle and camels in an oasis in the desert. Thanking thees in advance...
Quote: Originally Posted by DNW And a new fetish is born. This. And/or an empowerment aka excuse for those who rape. Seriously.
http://www.m-restaurantgroup.com/mbund/home.html http://www.m-theglamourbar.com/home.html After the 'Sightseeing tunnel' from The Bund to Pudong (without asking anymore, seriously - just follow the signs on the boardwalk) and then once on the other side up the Oriental pink Pearl TV Tower . . . If you choose to swim back it would be understood ...
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Peanuts, on the other hand, was just brutal, all about inner torment and man's cruelty to man. Set aside all the plush toys and the cutesiness of the later years, and Peanuts -- good Peanuts -- isn't really very childlike. Or at least it's unforgiving in its recollections of childhood. Indeed and a lot of it does depend on your own experiences of childhood and the era. I grew up immersed with Peanuts -...
Quote: Originally Posted by XenoX101 but do remember that cynicism broods dissatisfaction Quote: Originally Posted by ozymandias ...I'd probably say this is the best representation of my state. Now that you point out it's a perfect example, going out and not getting laid feels like the night is wasted. It's like anything that doesn't match my expectations just leaves me feeling depressed and wanting for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sherlockian I'd recommend Barcelona - good for 2 - 3 days. Have a good walk around town, visit the Gaudi places, especially La Sagrada Familia, go on the cable-car across the plaza to the port, sample the local restaurants, visit the old Olympic village. The subway system is cheap and easy to navigate. +1 on Barcelona... Gaudi park and unfinished cathedral - you must walk up as far as you dare as it is really not for...