or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

We are. Doing pretty well so far.
L'Inc TPC has 21% off all stock right now.
Checked out Azzaro today. Pretty quiet really. They still have quite a bit of Brioni and Zegna in stock, at even deeper discounts, on top of their usual Cantarelli, Canali, Verace, etc. I picked up two Brioni shirts for $150 each and a lovely Cantarelli grey linen jacket. There was still quite a few Brioni and Zegna slacks in EU50 for $150, plus a few other odd sizes. Really big size guys will find a fair bit of EU60 Brioni strides and knitwear. I didn't check out the...
Hey, blah! Merry Christmas. May the temperature of your testicles tend towards the tepid in time.
64. Travelling Light, by Tove Jansson (2010) Travelling Light by Tove Jansson My rating: 3 of 5 stars Tove Janssons' fiction for adults is a rare site in Australian bookshops, but English translations are starting to trickle through.Travelling Light is a collection around a theme of characters moving to another place in search of peace and refuge, only to find that their new environment discomforting as well. Jansson finds dry and gentle humour in the most everyday of...
Nut much in the menswear dept, although I did get a striped linen shirt that will get plenty of airtime over summer. Got a great book from my son - Ship of Theseus. Oh, and a Nerf gun from my brother-in-law.???!!! We had more about 40 people around aged from 1 week to almost 90; a major family get-together. Loads of great food and wine, capped by a 1985 PX with the plum pudding. When the storm had passed on, Beth and I kicked back and read our new books, nibbled on some...
Christmas Day, I wore GIT for the first time. Even my wife likes it. (She hates most perfume). Today I'll probably go with Eau de Rochas as I check out the menswear sales and watch the cricket.
Back on track for 65, I think. Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope Santa brings you the book you want.
63. Woes of the True Policeman, by Roberto Bolano (2012) Woes of the True Policeman by Roberto BolaƱo My rating: 3 of 5 stars Reading a great author's last, unfinished work can risk significant disappointment if the work is incoherent or sub-standard. Roberto Bolano's Woes of the True Policeman does not suffer from this fate; it hangs together well enough as whole, while tantalising us with the impression of a far bigger and more complex work that we will never see.The...
And if they don"t, Azzaro has a Boxing Day sale on!Merry Christmas to all of you. It's been fun, especially meeting up with some of the Melbourne guys, and with Jase. Stay safe, be well and enjoy yourselves.