or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Could the denim experts please advise if I have found anything significant here? I freely admit to knowing nothing on the subject, but these appear to be as new selvage denim Levis. The external tag has been removed, so maybe they are seconds? They are marked size 33 x 32, but measure to more like 36 x 35, so maybe that might account for them being seconds. Or are they just fakes? Thanks.
This one has been on my to-read list for a while now. Might drop it down in priority a bit.
Oud Wood today. Got to start getting through this stuff. Do you guys have a view on Rochas Byzance or RL Safari Parfum? Found both of those at the flea market as well.
I’m not a huge fan of patchouli, but this one is a more rounded scent and doesn’t make me smell like a bearded hippy. I have a splash mini, so I think I under-appleid it - I should be getting better longevity than I did.
Patchouli Imperial today. Found a partial bottle of Tea for Two in a flea market today, which was nice.
It’s certainly more expensive than the NR, too.Today is Serge Lutens Arabie. I think that in future, it I want to smell like a plum pudding, I will go with Zahd.
Tam Dao. It brought good luck - my agent called to tell me I’ve landed a job, after 6 months looking.
[[SPOILER]] 18. Sam Zabel and the Magic PenSam Zabel and the Magic Pen by Dylan HorrocksMy rating: 3 of 5 starsSam Zable, one of the characters from Horrocks’ earlier work Hicksville, is a cartoonist facing intractable writer’s block and probable depression. As a major deadline looms, he finds himself unable to pen a single line of dialogue.While flipping through a vintage comic about a New Zealander’s trip to Mars, Sam sneezes and suddenly finds himself inside the book....
Looks like it is cool everywhere in the world today. I broke out my Opium PH today. I thought the opening was a bit harsh, but it’s a pretty good scent on the skin. Probably doesn’t last quite long enough on my skin. but it will certainly get another run.
I found a Stefano Ricci tie and pocket square, still in box, today. When I got it home, I found that the bastard thing has a pen mark on the front. Is this something a dry cleaner can remove without ruining the tie?