or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

A few month back I found a decrepit pair of C&J Chepstows in a thrift shop. I sent them off to C&J for refurbishment. They came back today and I am very pleased. Before and after pics are up on my Tumblr (link is in my sig).
Must have missed you fxh; I was in there earlier. I picked up my op shop Chepstows, back from C&J refurbishment. I've put up before and after photos on my Tumblr (link is in my sig). The difference is pretty dramatic.
Guys you may remember a few month back I found a decrepit pair of C&J Chepstows. I sent them off to C&J for refurbishment. They came back today and I am very pleased. Before and after pics are up on my Tumblr (link is in my sig).
It seems to appeal to a lot of people Matt. My son's partner (who is caning Steve B BTW, with 33 so far this year) loved it too.
Jasmin et Cigarette today. I don't mind this at all, but it seems to have disappeared on me pretty quickly. After trialling Malaise of the 70s yesterday, I spotted a bottle of it on ebay last night at a ridiculous price, so I bit the bullet. Also considering FB on Protection, as I know someone who wants to sell theirs.
Bit of a mix and match this week; bit of everything. Some shirts Some ties An OK suit. The shop is clearing everything so I just picked this up to re-donate. I got excited about this orphan jacket. Never seen RLPL before so I bought it despite my misgivings about orphans, hoping to flip. Now I am almost certain it's a fake. Pair of AEs, rare in these parts. These need a clean-up, and are too narrow for me, so they are probably going to get re-donated after a...
14. The Ocean at the End of the Lane The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Ocean at the End of the Lane starts in a fairly mundane fashion. An unnamed middle-aged man at a family funeral drives away from the wake to visit the scene of his childhood. He goes to the farm at the end of the lane, where there is a pond that he and his childhood friend Lettie referred to as an ocean.From this unremarkable beginning, Gaiman launches into a...
Kind of odd for something supposedly inspired by the Sex Pistols. Leather, booze and sweat notes might have been more appropriate.
Malaise of the 70s today. Doesn't have the staying power.
Oh well, all the more for me then.