or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

SOTD is Tom of Finland.
Just further to this, I didn’t make the connection at first, but there is a US TV series starring Rainn Wilson called Backstrom, which is based on Persson’s character. From what I saw of the pilot (available free on iTunes), the producers have turned him into a far more sympathetic character than the universally-detested Backstrom of the books.
[[SPOILER]] 20. Another Time, Another LifeAnother Time, Another Life by Leif G.W. PerssonMy rating: 3 of 5 starsPersson’s follow-up to Between Summer’s Longing and Winter’s End mostly takes place after those events. Many of the same characters reappear, although most have moved on in both their careers and their social lives.The book starts with the siege of the West German Embassy in Stockholm by the Red Army Faction in 1975. The Swedish authorities have always known that...
Me too. I start work again tomorrow, so I’m hoping I can catch up by reading on my commute.
It is a screw-off cap, and a roll-on dispenser. The only other marking is “18” on the bottom of the bottle.
It’s not as if any of us can influence the Post Office anyway. Any half-wit can see that, surely.
Wearing Lonestar Memories today. Can anyone identify this bottle for me? Found it in a market, and the only guide to what it is is the logo on the top.
You and I seem to be working from the same reading list Matt. BTW, it’s danah boyd, and he is a she.
[[SPOILER]] 19. The Buried GiantThe Buried Giant by Kazuo IshiguroMy rating: 2 of 5 starsFor some reason there is a furore over whether The Buried Giant is fantasy. Well, that’s a broad category, and I guess it fits into the swords and sorcery sub-genre, but only barely. It’s a pretty pallid and wan effort, but it has swords and monsters, so what the hell.The story is essentially a quest by two Britons, Axl and Beatrice, to seek out their long-departed son. They are...
Unemployed, so I can wear what I like indoors. I won a couple of Costume National roll-ons in a prize draw last week. Today I am wearing Pop. (No Pete, not that PoP). It’s not as fruity as I feared, but I still don’t think it’s my kind of fragrance.