or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I have just got hold of The Whisperer, so that will probably be my holiday reading.
Mark Birley by Mark Birley today. Job interview scent.
[[SPOILER]] 71. A Spy Among FriendsA Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal by Ben MacintyreMy rating: 4 of 5 starsThe story of the Cambridge spies has always been one that interested me, and so many fine works of film and literature have been inspired by it: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Another Country and An Englishman Abroad to name just a few.It would be tempting to think that the story of Kim Philby has been done to death, but Ben Macintyre has found a...
And that makes 70 - my best effort yet.
[[SPOILER]] 70. The FugitiveThe Fugitive by Massimo CarlottoMy rating: 2 of 5 starsMassimo Carlotto has a fascinating history, being a convicted murderer who was the victim of one of Italy's greatest miscarriages of justice, imprisoned and living in exile for years before he finally received a Presidential pardon almost 15 years after his wrongful conviction. He has since turned to crime writing, penning a brand of hard-boiled novels reminiscent of great novelists such as...
I took m-c's advice and dug out my Terralba sample. There is a cedary opening to this, but it’s cut by a little bit of lemon. It has an oceanic note that I can’t quite place, which reduces the woodsiness a bit. Some herbal green notes emerge later as well. It probably is an OK summer choice, but it did fade fairly quickly, lasting only about six hours.
With all the desiccated plastic you could want lurking at the bottom of the carton. Now I'm thirsty for some fruit juice, and we do not keep such stuff in the house.
Sounds like you have 2016 all planned out - there won't be much time for anything else.Good luck with the writing; that can be very challenging at times.
L'Incandescent just curious, is your newish avatar a photo of the singer Lykke Li?
Not that one. The only Masque fragrance I've tried is Russian Tea. I think I have a sample of Terralba somewhere, I will dig it out.