or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Rocobar today. I fished this out from the back of my drawer, where the cool weather scents have been pushed over the last few months. Very nice woodsy scent; I'm going to scrabble around the back of the drawer a bit more and see what's lurking there.
Histoires de Parfum Veni. I didn't come.
I wore the vintage Jicky today. It's still quite wearable. I thought the opening was quite bitter-smelling, but it soon goes sweet and powdery (I think maybe tonka bean, vanilla and musk). After about 5 hours, I get really pungent civet, which goes quite sour-smelling. The fragrance lasts ages - 10 hours so far. Not a fan of the dry-down, but the sweetness of the mid notes really is nice. I was hoping to find some contemporary juice to compare it to, but it's not for sale...
[[SPOILER]] 14. Crimea: The Last CrusadeCrimea: The Last Crusade by Orlando FigesMy rating: 3 of 5 starsSebastapol, Alma, Inkerman, Balaclava. Raglan, Clarendon, Russell, Cardigan, Canning. The places and people of the Crimean War are imprinted on the map of my home town. Yet I really couldn't say that I knew that much about it, beyond the mythology of Florence Nightingale and the Charge of the Light Brigade.Orlando Figes' book is a comprehensive account of the major...
In the past it's never been an issue because I've never imported an order above the GST limit. Not sure how this will be in future.
Already bought my BA a while ago on eBay. I pulled the trigger on a bottle of Pardon, as my sample is getting low. One of the guys there is going to chuck in some nice samples for me as well, so should end up a good deal with their free shipping.Odd story is why they are on sale. Apparently there is already a Nasomatto seller in the Royal Arcade, so they have to drop the line. Believe it or not, the Nasomatto seller is one of the shoe shops.
That it is.
Now we are definitely into the cold weather. I don't think we'll be seeing a high-20s day for months. So now is my chance to get back into the cool weather fragrances, the olfactory equivalent of comfort food. Yesterday was Frapin 1697, which I find a warm, enveloping and boozy. today was YSL Jazz. Not so warm, but a nice woodsy scent for a cool, sunny day. If I keep using Jazz regularly, it may just end up being the first full bottle I ever empty.
Alameda? You must be near where I used to live, in Lafayette, CA.