or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I hadn't noticed you hit 50 GF, because I didn't open your spoiler. Congrats!
Nah, not a racing fan. Not a fan of standing around in a crowd of drunken idiots either. I will make a donation to the Rivoli cinema instead.
Melbournians might be aware of the passing of an icon - Rocco's Shoes in Malvern are closing their doors after about 50 years in the game. Nothing like a stroll past their window to get an OD on pointy-shoe madness. Closing sale finished last week, so they may already be gone.
Geranium Pour Monsieur today. I went FB on this; my first Malle purchase. My only regret is that it does not last the full day. If it did, it would be one of my raging favourites.
Sultry day, lunch at an Italian restaurant: Acqua di Parma Colonia.
Guys I am doing the Movember thing this year. Should be hilarious. If anyone wants to donate to a worthy cause that affects all of us, you are most welcome to sponsor me here. TIA.
Cross-post from the Australian Members thread. Can anyone identify the label on this Luciano Barbera suit? Thanks.
[[SPOILER]] 59. The Ladies of Grace AdieuThe Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna ClarkeMy rating: 4 of 5 starsThe Ladies of Grace Adieu is a collection of short stories that Susanna Clarke has set in the England that she imagined in Jonathon Strange and Mr Norell, where magic has never gone away and the influences of faerie and the Raven King are everywhere.Some of the stories read like out-takes from her novel, others are clever twists on fairy stories such...
Thanks for the warning.Anyone noticed that there's a new Rebus book out?
Wearing New York today myself. I don't mind your description, being well past 50 myself, and wouldn't mind being 50 again, or being CEO. Neither is going to happen.