or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

[[SPOILER]] 26. The Sixth ExtinctionThe Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth KolbertMy rating: 4 of 5 starsRobert McCrum rated The Sixth Extinction as one of the greatest non-fiction books ever written. While I wouldn't go that far, it is certainly an interesting and disturbing read. Kolbert goes through the great extinction episodes in prehistory and explores the science that attempts to explain them. Each chapter focuses on an extinct or endangered life...
Ex Nihilo Venenum Kiss. Thanks M-C for the sample. I can't pick the dominant note in this; I'm guessing its the styrax. It projected well through the day, and is still there on skin late in the evening.
Found in the op shop today. Very happy with the fit. It's cotton, so might not see much airtime until spring.
The same thing happened when the UK joined the EU, surely.
L'inc, I'll see your Dior Homme and raise you an Intense.
Where would they get that idea?
I've had MTM shirts done by Hemden, Zanelli (RIP), PJ and Oscar Hunt. I'd say that I'm happiest with my OH shirt, it certainly gets the most wear, but that's more a function of design than quality.May I say this as an aside, on PJ? I don't like dogs. I don't want a dog all over me when I go into my tailor. Some think it's cute; I find it just a massive turn-off. Leave it at home, like everybody else does.Not sure if anybody has used Charles Maimone, but he would be...
Cuir de Russe today. One of those leather scents you can wear in all situations, unlike some of the more shouty ones around.
Exactly the problem I have with a pair of EGs that I have. Think I will give this a shot on them as well.
Intense Cafe, which Montale obviously meant to call Intense Rose, but there was a typo on the label.