or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Exactly the problem I have with a pair of EGs that I have. Think I will give this a shot on them as well.
Intense Cafe, which Montale obviously meant to call Intense Rose, but there was a typo on the label.
Yuk. You've confirmed my worst fears.
[[SPOILER]] 25. OblivionOblivion by Arnaldur Indri├░asonMy rating: 3 of 5 starsIn Oblivion, Indridason continues his exploration of Erlendur's early career. Now he is a detective, working under his mentor, Marion.Marion and Erlendur are called to investigate a body found in a lava pit. The dead man seems to have fallen from a great height. He also appears to have links with the nearby US military base.While Marion leads that investigation, Erlendur investigates the long-ago...
A very good way of putting it.
Something very different today: Bally Masculin. This is a very soft leather, lavender, bits of vetiver, oakmoss and a sweet, powdery finish. Very nice, so of course they discontinued it.
One of those books that I refuse to touch, on principle.Too many people have never "got" Larsson's books, largely because the title of the first book - "Men Who Hate Women" - was changed with the English translation. The series is about the abuse of women, and when Lisbeth gets her day in court in book 3, that's when Larsson has made his political point. There is nothing to "continue", but there is an interesting character to rip off and make more money out of.Larsson was...
I bought it off an eBay seller who sells airline memorabilia, so I think it was probably a 1st class or business class gift box. I have another one with a bottle of vintage Equipage in it.
Today is a mystery scent. A while ago I acquired this vintage set of three Rochas fragrances. I'm certain that the one on the left is Macassar, which I compared to the maker's mini on the extreme left. I thought that the middle one might be Moustache, but the colour is all wrong. So today I wore the third one, with Moustache on the other wrist to compare. They started out similarly, but Mystery started to diverge a bit during the day. It also faded quicker than Moustache,...
Vintage Rochas Moustache today. The only decent moustache I have ever had, as people who've seen my Movember efforts will affirm. Really good for autumn this; a citrusy opening but later developing lavender, honey and vanilla. Still on my wrist 15 hours after spraying it on.