or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Sickening. Such a great guy, gone way too soon.
I go for swaps and decants a lot, but I also buy used bottles and so on from eBay and markets. I have far more than I need, and should do a cull.
Glad to hear ATAL is good; I’m looking forward to that. Surprised to see it in the library. Have you read the first book - Between Summer’s Longing and Winter’s End?I really like the Martin Beck novels as well.
Well the boss wears them, so you’re pretty safe.
Guys, please forgive the self-promotion; cross-post from the eBay thread. This would probably suit a 44 or 46. It was formerly owned by Richard Pratt and would have been worn to the opera, Brownlow, etc. A really nice dinner suit, and you get his Bijan formal shirt thrown in. 10% off for Aussie SF members, and happy to do COD for Melbourne members. Holland Sherry Savile Row MTM Dinner Suit. Free shirt.
MTM Dinner suit made from Holland and Sherry fabric. This was formerly owned by an Australian billionaire, a major patron of opera and the arts. I’m also including the formal shirt that he wore with it, made by Bijan. BIN at $499. Holland Sherry Savile Row MTM Dinner Suit. Free shirt.
Went for Ambre 114 today. I trawled the shops today angling for carded samples. Didn’t do too badly: 3 Amouage samples, 2 Hermessence, 2 Guerlain and 1 Bottega Veneta.
Very true.
I definitely agree with the premise of the article. Guys should not be afraid of wearing florals like geranium, rose, rock rose and jasmine. The question is how are they handled in the overall scent; discreet and blended with other elements so as to make their presence less insistent. OTOH, I’m not a huge fan of some of their recommendations. The Creed costs almost $400, so it would want to be good, and Nevermore is a pretty ordinary choice. I’d suggest giving Frederic...
PdN Solange today. It ones across a bit floral for a cologne, although the notes don’t suggest that. Great opening, but it lacks the sustaining sharpness that I like in EdCs.