or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Yeah, fine. If you can't distinguish between the risk of loss or damage to an umbrella to that of your underwear, then I'm never going to convince you. You must just have a totally different experience of umbrella use than I do.
Today I'm wearing Frapin 1697. It's a warm boozy scent, like you'd expect from a cognac house.
Some people are just never satisfied.Op shop for a quick scarf while you wait for HC to deliver.
I use an Aeropress occasionally. It is fiddly, but my biggest whinge is that you can’t create a crema with it. A long black just looks wrong without a creme.
The point is, learn from your mistake. Buy cheap umbrellas; even the best ones will get damaged or lost eventually.
OR you could buy a new umbrella.
Today is somethig a bit different: Moschino Couture. This is a femme scent that I found in a flea market. It's discontinued and has pretty high ratings on Fragrantica and BN, so I originally bought it to flip. Looking at the notes, I decided to give it a spin myself first. It's a mild peppery citrus scent, probably in an EdC style, and certainly not girly. It sticks close to the skin; we'll see on longevity. I think I'll still try and flog it, but I won't be disappointed...
Today I'm wearing Jaipur Pour Homme, being reminded by M-C above. I believe this one got reformualted; mine is the recent version. Melbourne has truly hit winter now, and this is the sort of thing I like to wear in this season - a warm scent, mild enough for the office, with just a little bit of spice in the mix. It is not my favourite, but it will get workout over the next few months I'm sure.
It is indeed “a thing” here; it’s considered one of the great Australian films. In a way, Matt has nailed it; Peter Weir’s direction lent an aura of unreality and mystery that you just cannot capture on the printed page. Joan Lindsay’s novel is also considered a classic, but it just does not have that same ethereal moodiness. Mind you, Matt is being a little unfair; the novel is set in 1900, when Macedon really was “the bush”. Still, we can’t expect too much from a...
Agree with M-C's post above. This is what we do in the book thread, and I think it would help others here learn from you more experienced guys. al-Rehab Saat Safa today. This is a cheapie that I found in an op shop, so it was no skin off my nose if it's no good. So far it's a medicinal oudh, with very little to show by way of the rose that's supposed to be there. I'm thinking that rose/oudh scents are just right for the cold snap we are in right now. (Yes, I know...