or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

BHOD* moment, as the crossword fanatics say. Putting together an eBay ad for a cashmere coat, and noticed a slight stain at about hip level. I didn’t notice it before because it’s close to the fabric colour. Where in Melbourne is there a dry cleaner whom I could trust to get a stain out of a 100% cashmere garment? Any ideas? * Bangs Head On Desk
I think perhaps I did not make myself clear. I’m not seeking affirmation of my self-worth, I’m seeking input on whether the suit would be flippable. But thanks anyway.
Would you guys pick up a ventless suit, or are they a no-no these days? Saw a Belvest suit and was very tempted, but for that.
Op shop cherry popped. An Oscar Hunt suit spotted in a Sacred Heart suit rack. Makes a change from Planet and Flair, I guess. What do you guys think of ventless suits? I saw a lovely Belvest suit in an op shop, but it had no vent. Very tempted to snag it in case someone wanted it, but I get the feeling that ventless is a deal-breaker. Am I right?
Which one is foxy?
Wearing Vetiver Front today. i got bored so i went to a shop and sprayed Vetiver Extraordinaire and En Passant on my wrists. Don’t like En Passant.
[[SPOILER]] 7. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour BookstoreMr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin SloanMy rating: 2 of 5 starsMr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore is a fantasy about a young man, Clay, who seeks a job after the start-up he worked for fails; he gets one at a quaint San Francisco bookstore run by Mr. Penumbra.This strange shop stocks very few modern books, but has a vast range of old books climbing up the high walls, which Clay soon discovers are written in code....
Just plain old AdP Colonia today. An oldie but a goodie.
Thanks for the good advice guys. I know I may come across a bit anal about these matters, but I have been seriously burned by eBay buyers in the past, including being stiffed for thousands of dollars and subjected to telephone harassment, so I guess I am just a bit more defensive and wary about eBay trading than some of you are.
Question for you guys. I have a suit for sale as BINOBO. I have provided a full set of measurements and stated clearly thatI’ve received this message:Do you consider this a reasonable request? My concern is that I’d be just setting myself up here, and there is no guarantee that I’ll get the suit back in the condition that I send it in.