or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Bijan in the US of A.
Interesting. I’ve not used them, but I did find a few Bijan shirts in an op shop that had a pettegola attached. I’d never seen such a thing before, but I could’t imagine using it. I had them removed when I had the sleeves shortened
I really liked that one.
In my case yes, since they were the only ones around I could steal when I first started shaving.
The other silly thing about that place is that people would rather post a string of pictures in answer to questions than talk about why they recommend something. It's minimally helpful. I just basically use their database these days, and ignore the forums.
L'Eau d'Hiver today. This one sticks very close to the skin; it's barely detectable. No way could I justify a full bottle at Malle prices.
Nice; well done! I’m reliably told that the no-spend club is a domestic organisation only, and doesn’t apply when you go on an overseas trip.
34. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson The more I read of Jonas Jonasson, the more I am reminded of Tom Sharpe. Like Sharpe, Jonasson writes wild comedies built around a strong-minded character determined on a particular course, with ensuing mayhem all around.The Girl of the title is Nombeko, a Sowetan toilet cleaner who is also a mathematical prodigy. She uses her intelligence to get the better of her Afrikaner...
Yeah, I seemed to remember something like that. As I said, elements of the book are unforgettable, and he more than makes his point. Still, he didn’t need to become the literary equivalent of Milli Vanilli to do that; he let himself down very badly there.
33. Frog Music Frog Music by Emma Donoghue My rating: 4 of 5 stars I really enjoyed Emma Donoghue’s Room so I was keen to read her latest novel. Frog Music is set in San Francisco in 1876, where the city is in the twin grips of a smallpox epidemic and a scorching heat wave. The novel explores the events surrounding an actual murder of the time, that of the cross-dressing frog catcher Jenny Bonnet.The story is told from the point of view of Jenny’s friend Blanche, a French...