or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I think the detective writer Robert B. Parker tried his hand at some westerns as well. The film Appaloosa was based on one of his. Shane and The Ox-Bow Incident are both excellent. I haven’t read Max Brand, but he’s supposed to be good.
Sadly, it isn’t going to work. I guess MJB do MTM, because this one has the shortest sleeves I’ve encountered. The suit fits like about a 42R, the shoulders are a bit wider than my 18”, but the sleeves are only about 22” long, at a guess. Since it has functioning buttonholes I can never get it to fit, so it’s off to eBay.
Fou d'Absinthe
Tick. Onto my wish list. Sounds great.Has anyone read Angelmaker? How does that one stack up?
I’m amazed that you’ve never got around to reading that one before Steve.
YSL Pour Homme today.
Creed Original Vetiver today. Went along to the launch of the Creed Acqua Originale series tonight. I sniffed all five but only tried two on skin: Vetiver Geranium and Iris Tuberose. I sprayed these about 4-5 hours ago, and both are still readily detectable, but I think they both stick reasonably close to the skin. IT opens up with a big, rooty iris smell but it dries down much more creamy and floral. More of a femme fragrance, I think. The VG has not lasted so well. I...
Is there a no menswear December? oes it include fragrances and op shop? If so, I’m stuffed. Found a nice MJ Bale navy suit at the op shop. First time I’ve seen one of those. Made in Japan, seems to be good quality.
Thanks L’Inc. I think I’ll gift it.Guerlain Vetiver today; feeling old-school.I went to another warehouse sale today. They are running out their HdP stocks at less than half price. Since they are the only stockists here, this will be the last chance to sniff and buy FdP in Australia. I and some fellow perfumistas descended on these poor souls and swarmed like flies. I bought Veni and Tubereuse 3. I also picked up some Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea and Etro Via Verri
Any thoughts on Rue Cambon? Would it be considered a unisex fragrance? I got given a sample and I’m not sure whether to keep it or gift it.