or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I’ve read a fair bit of Moorcock. Years ago I tackled the Eternal Champion series, but only got about halfway through. I couldn’t find them anywhere. I might look for that one.Have you read Pullman’s book The Scoundrel Christ? That’s on the remainder tables these days, and might be worth a look.
[[SPOILER]] 9. Levels of LifeLevels of Life by Julian BarnesMy rating: 4 of 5 starsLevels of Life is a series of three connected essays that Julian Barnes wrote in memory of his wife. He first looks at life above the ground, writing about the dawn of the aeronautical age and its impact on human technology and philosophy. Then he segues to life on the ground and discusses love and its potential disappointments, using an Englishman’s courtship of Sarah Bernhardt as his...
Withdraw your bid. Are the shoes that important?
Might differ between jurisdictions, but contract law here (not just eBay) says that if you choose to sub-contract delivery activity to Australia Post, that doesn’t absolve you of the responsibility. The buyer has no contractual relationship with Australia Post, only with you, so they cannot go after Post. If things go wrong and you try to point your finger at the postie, you have three more fingers pointing back at you.Many eBay sellers post statements like “I cannot be...
Nicolai Sologne today. Haven’t worn this one for while, but it is stinking hot and I wanted something summery. It opens with a blast of something very old lady-ish - the white florals? As it goes on, it is less embarrassing. I’m going to visit my mum in the old folks’ home this arvo; should fit right in.
[[SPOILER]] 8. Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of NazarethZealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza AslanMy rating: 3 of 5 starsReza Aslan takes on a pretty much impossible task in trying to write an account of the “historical Jesus”. At the outset, he acknowledges that there is pretty much only one historical source that even refers to Jesus - Josephus - and even then only parenthetically. This forces him to rely on the Gospels and Acts for much of his...
Voyage d’Hermes EDT. No real reason, it’s OK, not my favourite Hermes by a long chalk, but it least it lasts a while.
How ridiculous? Would it be worth chopping a quarter of my foot off?
I think it’s your aspect ratio. The eBay cover pics are in 1:1 ratio, so portrait ratios tend to have whitespace down the side and look odd. Landscape 3:2 can look OK if there is not much whitespace top and bottom.EDITJust noticed that Snoogz already answered this. FWIW, I saw an eBay community discussion that recommends 1:1 ratio for your main picture and 3:2 for the rest. I now program those into my camera as I shoot, then copy them straight into GS.
1828 today. This is one of my FBs that definitely does not get the attention that it deserves. Which is true of most of them, I guess.