or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I've also got a pair of C&J Tetbury in tan. They've been refurbished and have a fair bit of patina on them, so I tend to wear them with jeans, for biz cas, etc. They get a pretty regular outing year-round, although I wouldn't wear them in the hottest weather as I'd be wearing shorts.
Today I'm sampling Silver Mountain Water. Unlike most Creeds, this one has lasted the full day, but by day's end all I am really getting is sandalwood. The linear finish combined with an undistinguished opening makes this one a "no", especially at the prices they like to charge for Creed hereabouts. I'll keep the sample though, and no doubt wear it again some time.
First day of daylight saving today. Needless to say, I spent all day wandering around confused about what time it was. Gloriously sunny and warm, so it was just the right day for Geranium Pour Monsieur. I really like this, but I'd like it even more if the minty top-note lasted longer. Back to work tomorrow. Sigh.
DS & Durga Italian Citrus. This is a good one, and has lasted well for a hot day. I need to give this a few more wears before I decide how it ranks as a summer alternative.
Do it. AA is fantastic, and so is M-C.
[[SPOILER]] 53. LilaLila by Marilynne RobinsonMy rating: 3 of 5 starsLila is a prequel to Marilynne Robinson's prize-winning novel Gilead; as I read it, I could not shake the feeling that I was missing something because I had not read Gilead first. So I think my rating may be lower than it would be otherwise.Lila is set in rural Iowa in the Dustbowl period of the '20s. Lila is a stolen child, snatched from outside of a house by drifter Doll. Lila is raised by Doll as part...
My feelings about the AFL GF actually.
Byredo Green yesterday. I spent all day in the car today, so I thought it best not to inflict anything on my asthmatic wife. A parcel when I got home containing DS&D Italian Citrus plus a few samples should see me right for next week.
Vetiver Extraordinaire today; Heritage EDT yesterday. Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
[[SPOILER]] 52. GOMORRAHGomorrah: Italy's Other Mafia by Roberto SavianoMy rating: 4 of 5 starsWhen Gomorrah was first pulished, it was risky investigative journalism at its finest; Saviano revealed to Italians and to the wider world the nature and extent of the Comorra's domination of Naples, Campania and beyond.Even the best journalism loses its immediacy over time, but after 10 years and from half a world away, Gomorrah is still a riveting read. Saviano recounts a...