or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

L’Eau d’Hiver today, although it’s still decidedly autumn here.
How does this compare to his Erlendur books?
Is this cheating? Anyway, it was you who put me onto this book originally, and I don’t regret it for a moment. A great read, one of my favourites from last year.
I’ve had a few CT shirts over the years, and I think they’re pretty good value. You do see a lot of them in op shops; I guess because at their price point there’s little point repairing them if something goes awry. I suspect Lewin shirts tend to shrink, but I’’ve not had that issue with CT. Some of the rest of their range is good value also; I’ve bought a rugby top and an overcoat from them that are quite OK. Their suits are good staples and can be bought online to your...
This!. Seriously @blake91 do not underestimate this. I’ve been married for almost 35 years and I cringe at some of my wedding photos today. You and your wife are going to no doubt have a lovely album and DVD and you want to look good in it for your GRANDCHILDREN. Do not listen to people who do not see this issue from the other end.My suggestion is to play it safe for the wedding with, yes a simple pair of dress shoes that will blend in with your Brioni suit. Why not ask...
Second this. I also make a habit of checking the remainder bins/racks for wearable plain white or blue business shirts. There is always an unending demand for these, and if you can get them for $1, why not pass them on?
Almost certainly not my place, but is your fiancé prepared to let you decide what she wears in her bridal outfit? I would think long and hard about blue croc shoes for a wedding outfit, and then would rule it out 100% of the time.
[[SPOILER]] 27. RitualsRituals by Cees NooteboomMy rating: 1 of 5 starsI simply could not get into this book. I think it was one of those cases where the protagonist is so lacking in appeal or empathy that you do not get interested in him, and thus don’t care about anything that happens. I had to force myself to finish this and, if the book wasn’t so brief, I would not have bothered.View all my reviews
Splash Forte today. OK fragrance, lacks longevity.
I could only think of Queens Park Rangers.