or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I take my Speedy Pro to Michael Colman, in Glen Iris. He does everything from Swiss watches to antique grandfather clocks. He’s a real enthusiast, and will talk your ear off if you give hm half a chance.
I’ve tried a sample of Amour de Palazzo. I wasn’t enthralled, but I need to give it a go in cooler weather.Today I’m sampling Cedrat Enivrant. This is a really pleasant citrus that seems to project well. I’ll be interested to see how it develops.Bit the bullet yesterday and blind-bought a bottle of Russian Tea online. There’s nowhere here to try it, so i took the plunge based on reviews.
Mark Birley today; my job interview scent. Fingers crossed.
WIWT was a suit and tie - first time this year!
Not real clear on the concept of this site. Do people just use it to bookmark stuff they want to buy, or are they selling to one another?
[[SPOILER]] 3. The Keeper of Lost CausesThe Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-OlsenMy rating: 3 of 5 starsCarl Morck, the hero of The Keeper of Lost Causes is assigned by his boss to head the new Department Q, essentially as a means of getting rid of him. Morck decides to investigate the disappearance five years ago of politician Merete Lynggaard as his first case.What follows is a pretty straightforward police procedural with very few surprises. Morck’s investigation...
Lubin Le Vetiver today, from a decant. Not doing it for me, really.
Today was Encre Noir. Ugly juice, lovely smell.
There’s been a lot of buzz about that one, but it hasn’t reached us here yet. It sounds great.
We seem to have a groundswell of Tom Ford interest here. Those of you getting into the line should nip along to David Jones and check this new one out: Tom Ford London. Incense, oud and coffee. Perfect for a Melbourne winter.