or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

You’re right Lirum, thanks. Always useful to get a second pair of eyes on things like these.
Invasion Barbare today. What a waste; I have a cold and can’t smell a thing. Climat find yesterday has been authenticated. Today I found two shrink-wrapped bottles of Miss Balmain, and a FBIB of Leonard Balahe. Why can’t I find some cool discontinued guy stuff in op shops?
Guys I know tho question has been done to death but I’ve not encountered shell cordovan before. These look to me to be cordovan, due to the lack of fine wrinkling around the vamp, but I want to be sure of myself before I offer them for sale. Looking at the writing on the side, I’m assuming that these are by Alfred Sargent, correct? Thanks.
@rach2jlc have you tried the re-issued Helmut Lang EdC? I read a review of it that seemed to suggest it lacked much longevity, but was otherwise pretty good.
Sam can probably make it fit you - with a chainsaw. Awesome day at the op shop. Apart from that Belvest, a BB suit (which I found as separated jacket and pants) and some nice conservative business shirts from BB, Michael Kors, Tasso Elba and Harry & Sons (these are mostly for WFS).In a $2 tie bucket I found: Zegna Napoli Couture, E. Marinella, Tino Cosma 7-fold, Paul Smith, T.M. Lewin and a NWT Etro still in cellophane.I also found a full bottle of a vintage Lancome...
Sound’s good. Have you read John King’s The Football Factory trilogy? Similar ground; it's about football hooligans from the POV of the hooligans.
Helmut Lang EdC today. Wish I could find more of this. Found a FB of Lancome Climat today in an op shop. I hope it’s not a fake; still trying to find out. UPDATE: checked with a vintage perfume site and was advised that my bottle is a fair-dinkum 1980s EdT. Goody.
Guys is anybody planning on moving to a colder climate by any chance? I have a navy Belvest wool/cashmere overcoat that is looking for an owner. Size EU56R.
47. The Scent of the Night The Scent of the Night by Andrea Camilleri My rating: 4 of 5 stars This is the first Inspector Montalbano book that I’ve read, although it’s not the first in the series.The Scent of the Night sees Montalbano dealing with the mysterious disappearance of a financial conman, and the mess left behind. It’s not Montalbano’s case, but he pursues it because he doesn’t trust his Mafia-obsessed colleague. Given his own team of inarticulate Cat,...
Paul Smith T-shirt, Neuw chinos and CP sneakers today. I’ll let you imagine the look rather than ruin it with inferior images.