or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

MdO Oudh today (now Oudh Osmanthus). Very refined oudh, and the osmanthis is an interesting touch, with a sort of tart apricoty note.
Second that. All of my ties are op shop these days. Just today I saw a Canali and a T&A for $5 each. If you like Lewin, you'll find a heap of them.
Didn't find much in the menswear department; passed on a Woolrich puff vest, Cerutti 1881 blazer, T&A tie and Barbour chinos. I was pretty happy to find this on the way out of the store though. Still trying to date it, but it is very rare, and the bottle is designed by Cartier.
Playboy Hollywood today. I was sorting through my drawers and found this. I had no idea where I got it (probably some op shop) so I thought I'd wear it to the football and see what it's like. Well, it smells like Code and dries down to a very crisp, very synthetic-smelling lavender. Lasts a long time, but that's not always a good thing. I think this goes back to the op shop.
[[SPOILER]] 21. Sing Fox To MeSing Fox to Me by Sarah KanakeMy rating: 2 of 5 starsTedious.View all my reviews
Friday I wore Eloge du Traitre. I seem to have gone off ELdO lately, not wearing them nearly as much as i used to. This one comes across a bit odd to me: pine and cloves. I'm not sure that it works, and it's just OK on me.
Getting away from niche offerings, my cheap-and-cheerful summer recommendations: Monsieur Balmain Guerlain Cologne du 68 Eau de Rochas YSL Pour Homme Today I'm wearing Gaultier 2 (or Gaultier squared, whatever). Very odd bottle design. Do you empty one half and then go to work on the other, or work through the two halves at the same rate? My left brained thinking demands an answer. Oh, by the way, it's nice.
Buying a pony, are you?
Today I am a global citizen, living in Melbourne and wearing London.
There's a couple of sequels to that one, isn't there? Like you, I need to read more of her. Last I read was The Heart Goes Last, when it came out in instalments. I still don't know if I've read the whole thing.