or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Vintage Givenchy Gentleman today. Essence of Man, as somebody described this to me.
Been away for a long weekend. I wore Wonderwood for my SOTD all weekend and Nour de Noir for the SOTE when we went out to some superb gastropubs in heritage buildings more than 250 years old.
31. Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned by Wells Tower My rating: 2 of 5 stars Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned certainly lives up to its title. Wells Tower’s collection of stories is nearly all about people whose lives have been blighted by fallings-out with family or loved ones. Most of the stories are about a particular incident, and usually end with no resolution, and not even a suggestion of a hopeful outcome. You...
30. The Ghost Riders of Ordebec The Ghost Riders of Ordebec by Fred Vargas My rating: 3 of 5 stars I picked up The Ghost Riders of Ordebec because it shared the Golden Dagger award with Pierre LeMaitre’s Alex a book I really enjoyed. Vargas’ novel is the latest in her Commissaire Adamsberg series, centred on a French policeman from the provinces who apparently has a Zen-like approach to investigations.The book deals with two parallel investigations. The principal plot...
Dior Homme. The wife actually said she likes this; I'm staggered.
Costume National Homme. The wife hates it.
Bentley for Men. Can't afford the car, so I might as well rock the perfume.
29. The Book of the Dead The Book of the Dead: Lives of the Justly Famous and the Undeservedly Obscure by John Lloyd My rating: 4 of 5 stars I’ll start by saying that I am a fan of QI. I enjoy my weekly dose of the weird and wonderful arcane trivia that Stephen Fry and his panel wheel out for our amusement. There is also nothing like the air of superiority that you can bask in when you realise that Fry is talking complete bollocks, and that you actually know him to be...
Aramis 900 today.