or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Been digging into the goodies that M-C sent me. Couple of Ex Nihilo samples The last couple of days: Musc Infini and Oud Vendome. Today is Chanel No 19 EDT.
06130 Cedre today. (Thanks M-C!). When I first sprayed this, I got the tart grapefruit opening, but it soon turned into powdery woods. Not bad, but not exceptional. I'll definitely be wearing this in future.
Sneakerboy. City store would be best; Chaddy is just a pop-uo.
Today I'm wearing Opus 1870, by Penhaligon's. Some of the scents from this house are pretty fleeting on me, such as Juniper Sling, but this one sticks around as a pleasant peppery scent.
[[SPOILER]] 19. Piano LessonsPiano Lessons by Anna GoldsworthyMy rating: 4 of 5 starsAnna Goldsworthy's memoir is an account of her progress from awkward primary schooler attending her first music lesson, to her debut as a concert pianist.At the heart of this book is an affectionate and endearing portrait of Anna's teacher, Russian musician Mrs Eleanora Sivan. The formidable Mrs Sivan is indefatigable in pushing Anna to go beyond mere reproduction and teaches her to try to...
Dries van Noten today, for a country drive in the rain. Creamy sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean; was working very well, I thought, until the wife reached for her Ventolin.
That would be the one.
Book Suppository has it.
[[SPOILER]] 18. The Natural Way of ThingsThe Natural Way of Things by Charlotte WoodThis novel won the Stella Prize for the best Australian novel by a woman, and it thoroughly deserved it. To me it reads like a cross between Lord of the Flies and The Handmaid's Tale. It is gripping in the telling with a pair of unforgettable female characters in the feral Yolande and the aloof Verla, along with a dark-hearted villain in Boncer.The novel starts with Verla and Yolande...
That would be Hanif Kureishi