or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Nice; well done! I’m reliably told that the no-spend club is a domestic organisation only, and doesn’t apply when you go on an overseas trip.
34. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson The more I read of Jonas Jonasson, the more I am reminded of Tom Sharpe. Like Sharpe, Jonasson writes wild comedies built around a strong-minded character determined on a particular course, with ensuing mayhem all around.The Girl of the title is Nombeko, a Sowetan toilet cleaner who is also a mathematical prodigy. She uses her intelligence to get the better of her Afrikaner...
Yeah, I seemed to remember something like that. As I said, elements of the book are unforgettable, and he more than makes his point. Still, he didn’t need to become the literary equivalent of Milli Vanilli to do that; he let himself down very badly there.
33. Frog Music Frog Music by Emma Donoghue My rating: 4 of 5 stars I really enjoyed Emma Donoghue’s Room so I was keen to read her latest novel. Frog Music is set in San Francisco in 1876, where the city is in the twin grips of a smallpox epidemic and a scorching heat wave. The novel explores the events surrounding an actual murder of the time, that of the cross-dressing frog catcher Jenny Bonnet.The story is told from the point of view of Jenny’s friend Blanche, a French...
You mean collar stays? Guilty as charged.
Careful; he has some dubious relatives.
From what Testo is saying, the shoulders and chest would need alterations. Those are expensive and risky changes to make.In his position, I would try for a refund or exchange, although that may be hard since he’s worn it. Once he tries to alter it though, there is no going back.
Another sales find today. Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo. Thought I’d just add some comments. This is a really nice find; I’ve been pleasantly surprised by its longevity. It’s about 6 hours since i put it on, and am still getting a citrus-dominated scent on the wrists, with the woods and resins yet to really take over. This has the potential to be a very long-lived scent; we’ll see.
Haven’t tried Turque, so I can’t comment on that. It’s not quite as strong with the tobacco now, and has dried down to a lighter amber scent with a bit of vanilla.
Another newbie from the sales that are going on everywhere around here. Lagerfeld Classic. The juice suggests “orange” and that’s what gets delivered in the opening, with a powdery note. That’s quickly subsided into a full-on tobacco scent.