or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Today I overcome my detestation of its bottle design and wore Bagiotti Roma Uomo. To me this is a great example of how design can let down a pretty good product; it's fugly, so I don't wear it nearly as much as I would if it came in a nicer bottle design. The scent itself is pleasant balsamic stuff.
Same here.Went old school today, with Aramis. This packs a degree of projection missing from almost all my modern fragrances. I guess it's not really an office scent, but I enjoyed wearing it for a change.
M&S?
Sorry, I'm in Melbourne. Don't really know anything about Sydney, but I would start with op shops in affluent suburbs.Nice find. Quick ways to check Hermes authenticity in store:1. does the grain in the silk run 5 o'clock to 11 o'clock?2. Is there a little loop of thread inside the back blade?3. Google image search of the style number to ensure the pattern is right. Background colour can differ.YMMV. Personally, I have a specific tie in mind that I haven't been able to...
At the risk of repeating myself, give op shops a chance. At the Wear For Success sale, for example, I picked up these ties for $3 each: NWT TM Lewin, Brioni, Borrelli, Altea Milano and Tallbott Best of Class. I regularly find nice ties from Zegna, Canali, Lewin, T&A, even Hermes and Stefano Ricci, for $5 or less. Why spend $50 on a single tie?
MdO Oudh today (now Oudh Osmanthus). Very refined oudh, and the osmanthis is an interesting touch, with a sort of tart apricoty note.
Second that. All of my ties are op shop these days. Just today I saw a Canali and a T&A for $5 each. If you like Lewin, you'll find a heap of them.
Didn't find much in the menswear department; passed on a Woolrich puff vest, Cerutti 1881 blazer, T&A tie and Barbour chinos. I was pretty happy to find this on the way out of the store though. Still trying to date it, but it is very rare, and the bottle is designed by Cartier.
Playboy Hollywood today. I was sorting through my drawers and found this. I had no idea where I got it (probably some op shop) so I thought I'd wear it to the football and see what it's like. Well, it smells like Code and dries down to a very crisp, very synthetic-smelling lavender. Lasts a long time, but that's not always a good thing. I think this goes back to the op shop.
[[SPOILER]] 21. Sing Fox To MeSing Fox to Me by Sarah KanakeMy rating: 2 of 5 starsTedious.View all my reviews