or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Just wondering, has anybody seen the new Paypal “return shipping refund” trial service? Will you be promoting it in your ads?
I may be naive, but why not just start the auction off at the price you want, rather than setting a reserve?
Wearing Oud Wood today. I have so much of this stuff, I think I will have to make it my signature scent over the coming cooler months.
Well, he never claimed it was perfect. He only gave it 9/10.
[[SPOILER]] 16. Being MortalBeing Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul GawandeMy rating: 4 of 5 starsFor those of us with elderly relatives Being Mortal can make for a bit of a sobering read at times.Atul Gawande’s thesis in this book is that Western medicine, when treating the terminally ill, works only to extend life and address symptoms, rather than consider the quality of life. Yet this is a fruitless pursuit, because mortality is the one medical...
I’m not, I’m Youngian.
Caravelle Epicee. Sort of sweet and sort of spicy; I think it lacks longevity and the sort of personality that might set it apart from countless others in this genre.
Why do I get the feeling that this thread has just turned into an oroboros?
Today I’m wearing vintage Monsieur Lanvin. Unfortunately I smell more of Vanish, because today has been wash day.
Arquiste Aleksandr today. This is a pretty mild leather, with a strange aquatic/neroli opening. I don’t like its opening much, but it disappears on me pretty fast and turns into a solid, if unspectacular, leather concoction. I think Arquiste have done better than this one.