or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

PM Sent
Sadly, it doesn’t seem to check out. I compared the logo to the Hermes logo on my ties, and it’s clearly different.The carriage design is especially different, and the horse looks wrong, with less detail of the reins. Unless Hermes' logo has changed in the interim, this doesn’t seem to be the real thing.On further inquiry, it looks like it was made by a US company called Volupte. Still vintage and worth a little bit, but no jackpot, sadly.
Few more wins today, including some unusual stuff. Zegna wool/mohair SC, size unmarked, guess 42R Faconnable shirt, 16.5 Popped a cherry here. I’ve never seen Psycho Bunny in Australia before, even retail.My size, so keeping. Salvaatore Ferragamo belt (ladies?) NIB Salvatore Ferrgamo high-heel shoes Also found some vintage perfume, but I won’t bore you with that.
Glad to hear it.You could say I had two SOTDs today. My intended SOTD for e pretty hot day today was Mirto di Panarea. I had to do some decanting in the morning; this is not a good idea for me, as my hands tremble. End result was I spilled 5 mls of 1740 all over the kitchen bench and got it on my hands as well. So I guess 1740 was my real SOTD, given I smelled of it all day. Kitchen and family room smell great.
Not sure if I mentioned, they are both DBs. Would that make a difference? Pockets are flap pockets. If I get it done, I’ll the them to Sam; I reckon he will talk me out of any sheer vandalism.Are there any 42Ls here who would like a Brioni DB? I have two: a charcoal PoW, and a grey stripe. If the alteration is going to wreck them, it would be better for them to go to somebody they fit.
I’ve had time on my hands lately, winding down for the end of the year. No work around, so I’ve had time to haunt the op shops a bit. Here’s some of my finds over the last few weeks. Nearly all of this is available. Suits and Jackets Aquascutum SC, 40S Zegna Couture SC, 52R (keeping this) Brioni DB Suit, 42L, charcoal PoW Brioni DB Suit, 42L, grey stripe Ties L-R Corneliani, Altea, Giorgio Armani, Borrelli, Borrelli, Tino Cosma 7-fold, Zegna Couture L-R...
Erk. I bought this for a Christmas present. The lady is a primary school teacher an I thought it would make good children’s book. I also bought her the new Neil Gaiman book, a picture book based on the Sleeping Beauty story. Hopefully that will be better.(BTW, my friend sh*ts all over us; she’s already past 200 books for the year.)
Continuing the fig theme lately, today is Lubin Figaro. Not so impressed with this; ended up sweetish, close to the skin and not lasting very long. What do you guys thing of Premier Figuier vs Philosykos? I have the latter; should I check out the L’Artisan?
Guys what are the limits when shortening the jacket on a suit? I have a 42L than fits great in the shoulders, chest and waist but the hem is too low for me. It sits just about at the tip of my index finger, and I reckon it needs to come up 1-1.5 inches. Is that excessive?
Heeley Figueur