or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Fou d'Absinthe today. Longevity on this one is pretty unimpressive; it's gone by mid-afternoon.
Anyone even remotely interested in op shops should head over to the thrift thread and check out silverwarebandit's jaw-dropping haul. It's nearly all my size too - I'm insanely jealous.
Gents, I don't want to come across like a curmudgeon, but could we please use the spoiler tag a bit more often?
I should probably get one of them, although it might make more sense just to pass them on.Penhaligon's Sartorial today. I'm tempted to say this is an oldie but a goodie, but then I looked it up and it's only been on the market for 5 years. Seems longer than that, and it feels right at home with the more venerable classic scents in this line.
Bamboo Harmony. Liking this more than I expected based on the Fragrantica reviews.
Cross-post from the Thrift thread. Is anybody an 8.5 UK? Some very nice finds for you today. PM if keen. (Sorry about the spamming). Crockett and Jones Selbourne handgrade George Cleverley slip-ons Church's slippers Found a lot of other good stuff too: Castangia, Borrelli, Kiton, Canali, etc.
I must say, i enjoyed a nice day in the Spring sunshine, with several very nce finds - some of which even fit me! Shoes (all UK8.5, all available): Crockett and Jones Selbourne handgrade George Cleverley slip-ons Church's slippers Suits (keeping both) Castangia Armani black label Shirts (All available except the Zegna) Kiton, size 15 Canali, size 16 Borrelli, size 17 Helmut Lang, size 16.5 slim-fit Zegna Pants 2 x Canali, EU50 both...
Looks like Gerry got the government he paid for. If he thinks I am suddenly going to start shopping at Harvey Norman instead, he's sadly mistaken.
Iris de Nuit today, as we move into spring. This is pleasantly rooty, but it's only of middling longevity.
Back to Russian Tea again today. I really do smell like a cup of lapsang souchong. Not sure if that's good or bad. Spring looks to have sprung here, so it might be time to ease off all of those spicy, leathery, gourmandy, tobaccoey things and get into some flowers and greens. Where's that vetiver?