or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Aaargh. It's "Monkey Grip" and "Garner", please.I read the book years ago, but it always felt to me like a bit of an insiders' tale; Garner writing about her friends for her friends. I didn't connect with Nora much, and found Javo to be just as boring as all the other doomed druggies infesting Australian literature and film.
Thought so. Will sell one, I guess.
Eau d'Hadrien toay. I have two bottles of this: one in a square bottle, and one in a fluted bottle. Is there any difference between the two, other than marketing?
Tried Geranium Pour Monsieur again today. I still love that mint opening, but it seems to disappear pretty quick. It’s become a sort of rooty, green smell on my arm, if you know what I mean. If the mint had stuck around, this would had been great, but I don’t think so. My copy of Edwards 2014 arrived today. Having fun browsing.
Herbias de Ibiza today. Just a nice soapy lemon scent, with pretty good longevity for a cologne style.
Not I; I’m a Poplin - went to a Catholic school.
Parliament House (BYO gunpowder).
Thanks for the heads-up on STC L'Inc. Today I'm wearing my final Hermessence sample: Santal Massoia. Yet another skin-clinger. Can't understand why anybody would part with big money for these things. Not when you can buy Frapin, Lubin, SL and other far more potent niche fragrances for less.
I've come to much the same conclusion. I'm having a spring clean and am going to sell a bunch of stuff this weekend. I've already gone through my decants, minis, vintage and market finds. Tonight is the hard part - culling the FB purchases. I wil have to price them to move, and then some of them will go to charity if I can't sell.(Sadly I can't send them to you guys - Australian law bans sending perfume by air).