or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

I’m thinking that is the way to go. I tried it on, and it is a bit too big for me. If I was hanging onto it, I’d probably go the whole hog and get new pockets and front lining. The other option is to sell the jacket alone. Since it’s Brioni, I can probably find a buyer.
Welcome to the thread Mr Mong. I endorse Foxy’s suggestion here: Sam is fantastic, and just a tram ride from your work. He gives you pretty rapid turnaround too - sometimes same day for simpler alterations.The great thing about Sam is he will not wreck your clothes on you; if something is not a good idea, he will tell you so rather than just unquestioningly take your order. He’s a qualified tailor, not just an alterations shop. OTOH, he has managed to turn some unwise...
For international shipments, shoe trees are a killer; it would probably be better for the customer to buy his own than pay to sip them. Good point about banging around in the box; I’ll bear that in mind in the future.
Rive Gauche Homme, to wear to an interview which I royally fucked up by being an arsehole.
Normally I would steer clear in these circumstances, but for a S150s solid charcoal Brioni suit, I succumbed. So, is there a way to remove or reduce “yellowing” stains from the inside of suit pants, or is that just a dead loss?
[[SPOILER]] 11b. The Sleeper and the SpindlePart two of my #11, just so I’m not cheating too much.The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil GaimanMy rating: 4 of 5 starsThis is Neil Gaiman’s take on the Sleeping Beauty tale and, as you’d expect from this author, it is not just a simple retelling. Gaiman’s version is dark and inventive; it has elements of Tolkien and of the zombie fiction genre as well as various fairy tale references. Chris Riddell’s illustrations are superb....
I saw that. A couple of times I’ve run big sales on BS& for MS Society and Movember, and SF members have always been generous. I like the direct donation because I know exactly what they need and am just keeping an eye out on their behalf. They don’t really need Brioni and such-like, just any shirt, suit or pants in a state fit for an interview after a clean. Those are relatively easy to find for around $2, so I snag them and pass them on.
I have one FB and one mini, which I use very sparingly. The mini was in a set with vintage L’Interdit and Monsieur.
Right now I have been going through a process of listing my best stuff, which is mostly BINOBO. I have a large swag of older stuff that I have little use for, which I intend to put up as 7-day auctions and see what they get: I don’t really care about the COGS with these as I used them myself, or I bought them for cheap so long ago that it doesn’t matter.On the subject of crap, I maintain a separate stack of clothing that I donate to a charity called Wear For Success, which...
I think I have become a BINOBO convert now. This morning I sold a pair of pants for about 25 times what I paid for them. Sold a tie for 10 times cost as well. I formally apologise to Brian for doubting him.