or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Just thought I'd cure the feelings of deja vu around here.
I was decanting some perfume for the missus tonight and got some on my hand. God I smell sexy!
First of all, is everybody there? Just checking that the End Times did not arrive in the USA as the prophecy foretold. CB I Hate Perfume Where We Are There Is No Here today. (I'm exhausted just writing that). This is one of those ISO creations that seem to be all the go now that the EU has banned every real scent in sight. It opens with jasmine and dries down to a sweetish woody scent. Lasts OK, but not phenomenal longevity, and it's not that interesting in the dry-down...
Italian Cypress. This is a great spring scent, and I especially enjoy the woody opening. It lasts pretty well, but it gets very close to the skin on me pretty quick. Probably a little short-sighted to be discontinuing this, but I guess it will come back one day.
For those, it would be worth trying the Brooks outlet at Essendon DFO.
Today is Vetiver Fatal. This one is not your usual vetiver; to me it warmer, sweeter and woodier than a typical spring vetiver. It's not a bad fragrance at all, and it lasts well, but it's not really what I was reaching in today's stinking hot, windy weather.
You might think that;I couldn't possibly comment.
I mean in a workplace environment where the sexual harassment laws are in effect, where women are present and where I am expected to conduct myself like a professional. That's pretty much every workplace that I would ever be engaged at. What is so great about those cufflinks that I should risk a complaint if I wore them to work?
I can't bring myself to buy stuff like that. Similar with ties that have a naked woman in the inside of the blade. In an office environment, I think it goes pretty close to crossing a line.
I've also got a pair of C&J Tetbury in tan. They've been refurbished and have a fair bit of patina on them, so I tend to wear them with jeans, for biz cas, etc. They get a pretty regular outing year-round, although I wouldn't wear them in the hottest weather as I'd be wearing shorts.