or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Do you mean a Speedmaster Pro? I have one, although it's the only high-end watch I have, so I can't really compare it to anything.
Bastards. Why can't they do this in Melbourne, where the deserving people live?
I really enjoyed The Last Viking, a book about Amundsen's extraordinary journeys of exploration: finding the Northwest Passage, The Northeast Passage, the North Pole and the South Pole. Stirring stuff.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13587148-the-last-viking
[[SPOILER]] 58. Space DumplinsSpace Dumplins by Craig ThompsonMy rating: 3 of 5 starsEvery now and again I like to dip into a graphic novel for a change.I have read Craig Thompson's Habibi, but it was clear from the artwork that this is quite a different book; more mainstream. It's a kids' adventure story set in outer space. Violet and her parents Gar and Cera live in trailer park where Gar works recovering space whale poop and recycling it into fuel. Ahem.Cera gets asked...
Damn. Too slow. Strange way to tell you they are out of stock, take you all the way through the order process and then say they're not available.
No, but told it a few times.
[[SPOILER]] 57. Between a Wolf and a DogBetween a Wolf and a Dog by Georgia BlainMy rating: 3 of 5 starsTherapist Ester is a member of an artistic family riven by a bitter feud. Her ex Laurence is a failed artist turned pollster who is facing professional ruin. Her mother Hannah is trying to continue in the absence of her great love Maurie. Her sister April is trying to resurrect a once-promising musical career.Despite her empathy and advice for others in crisis, Ester...
Lomng story, but I'll give you the abbreviated version.We were in Tromso, Norway, in the Arctic Circle, in the middle of winter. We went for a ride on a dog sled. The sled hit a rock and tipped. I was thrown clear, but the sled smacked into my arm and broke the humerus clean in half at the shoulder.To get me to hospital, they had to put me back in the sled, have three people sit on me to immobilise me, and go back down the mountain. They then put me in the back of a Ford...
Whereas you prefer Osh Kosh B'gosh, I guess.
I broke the shoulder in a dog sled accident. Oddly, the basketball breakages did not involve contact. I broke a finger trying to slap the ball out of a guy's hand, and I broke my ribs jumping into a wall trying to block a shot. White line fever - as ernesto suggested, I was a pretty hard-nosed guard.