or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Both I, Claudius and Claudius the God were fantastic. I must have read those two at least three times. Graves’ compendium of the Greek myths is well worth tracking down too.As to Evelyn Waugh, Scoop is brilliant.
And some of us like to bait journalists who are slack at their jobs.
Small plug here guys, but if anybody is looking to buy Michael Edwards’ new edition of Fragrances of the World, you can get a 50% discount via the Australian Perfume Junkies (APJ) blog.
Reminds me of a poem I had published a while ago on APJ:The exclusive house of Tom FordMakes scents that no-one can affordBut they’ll skip half their mealsTo buy Tobacco VanillesLeaving his accountants suitably awed.
Dept. of Speculation Dept. of Speculation by Jenny Offill My rating: 3 of 5 stars Reading Dept. of Speculation made me a little wary at first. There have surely been enough novels written about arty-farty young New Yorkers going through angst in their relationships. My wariness only increased as I discovered that the characters are not named but are referred to as The Wife, The Husband, The Philosopher etc. Pretentiousness alert!For all that, this is a book that I...
Acca Kappa 1869 today, because I feel like I was born then after yesterday’s airlines fiasco. (Fog in Melbourne screwed up the domestic system all day and I got bumped four hours on a one hour flight). I hate flying.
Coromandel today, from a sample. Just think, I actually convinced a Chanel SA to give me a sample without buying anything!
Top to toe op shop today. Suit: Zegna Trofeo. This suit has a fabric label saying “Woolmark Gold”, which I’ve not seen before. Anybody know what that is? Shirt: Finamore MTM (for a billionaire, actually - his name is on the tag). Tie: Stefano Ricci Square: Paolo Albizzati Shoes: Alfred Sargent (these are a touch big on me, so I will probably move them on). Belt: Dunhill My op shop scent was Prada Infusion d’Iris eau de parfum.
Told you it pays to learn more about her.
Thanks for the tips rach. I already have a FB of vintage Gentleman, plus another mini, but will keep an eye out for those others. Today's op shop scent is Prada Infusion d'Iris. I only just found out that this comes as a pure perfume. I assumed that I had just found two samples at the op shop; I need to check those bottles more closely.