or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Slumberhouse Norne today. This is a seriously good woody fragrance with pretty decent longevity. For the office, during winter, this is a cracker. Sadly, my sample won't last much longer, and I don't think I can afford a bottle.
Encre Noir today. Another one that needs no introduction. I'd prefer it to last a bit longer.
Pardon today. Seriously good, but seriously expensive. Nasomatto have got to be taking the piss: $240 for 30 ml.
Coromandel today. I think that some of you may be aware of this fragrance.
[[SPOILER]] 41. The Holiday MurdersThe Holiday Murders by Robert GottMy rating: 3 of 5 starsI wasn't entirely sure what to expect from a detective story written by a cartoonist, especially the creator of the rather quaint Naked Man cartoons. I guess I expected something frothy and a bit risqué, like the Phryne Fisher books. I did not expect this; a rather gruesome story set in wartime Melbourne, with a psychopathic Nazi at its core.Inspector Titus Lambert heads up the...
[[SPOILER]] 40. Golden BoysGolden Boys by Sonya HartnettMy rating: 4 of 5 starsSonya Hartnett has authored many children's books that have a somewhat dark twist to them, so it's little surprise that her adult fiction tends the same way.Golden Boys is about a group of young children knocking about a typical Australian working-class suburb. The Jensons, who have just moved into the area, are a contrast to their neighbours, being affluent and indulgent of their kids. The...
Vintage Kinze Ten today.
Did you know that Elton John played in Baldry's band, and named himself after Elton Dean and Long John?
Not too bad, although nothing hugely special. EZ Su Misura black cords EU48R Gucci black jeans, EU48. Almost certain these are fake, but they were in the 50% off bin, so worth a risk. PRL by Corneliani navy blazer, 46R Brioni tie Fray puppytooth blue shirt, 17.5 (first for me) Alan Flusser top (another first). Nothing special, but I picked it up because it fits, mostly. That and it was 50% off. BB shirt. Turns out to be too baggy, so I will re-donate...
I have a decant that I got from LuckyScent IIRC. Essenza Nobile has the EDP for 140 euro (incl VAT). They ship to AU.