or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Brecourt Esprit Mondain today. Unspectacular. Just like every other-run-of-the-mill lemon and lavender cologne out there.
Who says I work? Work is for losers and minions - I just get paid.
First of all, welcome, and congrats on your upcoming wedding.From what you mention, it seems that your budget is around $600-700. If it's more, let us know, as that would open up your options quite a bit. You also don't mention if you will have others in the wedding party that oyu want dressed the same/different, which might also influence where you shop (more than one of the same suit probably means going to a bigger shop, like DJs).I think your choice of solid charcoal...
Today I'm trying Benneton Tribu, from a mini I found in the market. A girly thing that some reviewers reckoned was unisex, so I gave it a spin. It has a kind of light fruity smell; not objectionable like Pulp, but not something I can really get into.
Part of that would depend on the cut, but also on the fabric design and on the age of the garment. While normally there are no issues I've occasionally had bad experiences in both directions. I'd be reluctant to let out the seat of trousers that are a bit old, because the newly-vidible fabric may be slightly different in colour to the rest. I had another experience where I had some (newish) trousers taken in quite a bit, and the fabric just ended up looking odd, so I...
Today I'm channeling my inner bad boy wearing Brecourt's Mauvais Garcon. Noithing dreadfully bad about this, it's an inoffensive, warm scent good for the office in winter.
Always a good idea, although the MF has lost its appeal for me since they started giving it to foreign writers and writing about overseas.
I happen to be reading that right now Matt. Only about 10% into it; can’t say I’m particularly enjoying it.
Zegna Forte today, from a sample vial. This is pleasant enough, sweetish, but I'd like it to be stronger. I think that I haven't applied enough with the dauber.
Blue cylinder bottle, which I believe is the original. I might be reacting to this one too, although it could still be the L’Homme irritating me.