or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Acqua di Biella No. 1 todya. Stock-standard cologne, but I quite like it.
Only came to $AU112.50 shipped for me. I suspect this might have something to do with a US shipping address.
Energy C Lime today. Maybe not quite hot enough yet for such a straight citrus, but it was a sunny day and it seemed right.
Depends. Normally I’d agree with Spandexter, especially if the jacket is pin-striped or anything like that.That said. I reckon there are cases where it can work. I have a grey linen Cantarelli orphan jacket that I think looks just fine as a casual jacket. Being linen, it looks casual anyway. I also have a tweed suit (see pic), and I’d wear the jacket from that separately. So generally almost always “no”, but something that looks a bit casual even as a suit, I’d call a...
Just follow APJ. It’s definitely worth you joining as Portia does some excellent give-aways, open to all comers. I won a FB of Penhaligons from her a while ago. Some of my friends are contributors (as am I occasionally) and most articles are worth a read.Details on the Michael Edwards offer are in the list of Recent Posts.
CD would like to do some smiting, sometimes.I’m not a program manager any more; that’s a long way out of date. Should I change it? Maybe to Member of the Great Unwashed.
Both I, Claudius and Claudius the God were fantastic. I must have read those two at least three times. Graves’ compendium of the Greek myths is well worth tracking down too.As to Evelyn Waugh, Scoop is brilliant.
And some of us like to bait journalists who are slack at their jobs.
Small plug here guys, but if anybody is looking to buy Michael Edwards’ new edition of Fragrances of the World, you can get a 50% discount via the Australian Perfume Junkies (APJ) blog.
Reminds me of a poem I had published a while ago on APJ:The exclusive house of Tom FordMakes scents that no-one can affordBut they’ll skip half their mealsTo buy Tobacco VanillesLeaving his accountants suitably awed.