or Connect

Posts by California Dreamer

Wearing Centaure today. If I was giving a perfume this name, it would probably be a concoction of leather, musk and maybe a bit of hay. Instead it’s a woody-vetiver-minty-citrus concoction. Very fresh and invigorating, but what does it have to do with centaurs? BTW, has anybody tried the new L’Artisan reformulations? Tea for Two and Caporal might be worth grabbing if they haven’t screwed them up.
I’ve sometimes put on odd socks in the morning, but odd pants legs?
Plenty of people rave about it, that’s for sure.
Hot day today, and a birthday party. Geranium Pour Monsieur.
[[SPOILER]] 4. Lost and FoundLost and Found by Brooke DavisMy rating: 3 of 5 starsLost and Found is a quirky first novel from Australian writer Brooke Davis. It’s a essentially a “road movie” plot, peopled by some pretty bizarre characters: Millie - an abandoned child obsessed with death, Agatha - a widow raging at the world, Karl the touch typist - a compulsive widower bemused by life, and Manny - a department store mannequin.Davis spins her story by shifting the focus...
Glad you liked it. Read Shane as well.
Today was Oolong Infini. Looking at the notes of tea and bergamot, I might have guessed that this would smell like Earl Grey, my least favourite tea blend. Pass.
Like others, I like the B picture the best, but isn’t the main eBay photo a 1:1 aspect ratio? Would that make a difference? With the square format, I’d incline to a close-up of the collar and maker’s label.
Speaking of streetwear, are dicks in or out this year? http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jan/22/-sp-penis-flashing-at-rick-owens-menswear-show#comment-46512104
Are Zilli ties a thing? I found this in an op shop today. I don’t know anything about them, but the silk feels nice and thick, and the construction looks to be very good.