or Connect

Posts by TIEALIGN

Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami I suppose the thought might sound foreign to some at first, I guess I have to remind myself that I see everything from an anthropological/evolutionary psychology perspective and not everyone will agree with me, but yes I really do think that these days. I wouldn't deny that there is truth to your assertion but I think your attempt to apply it to all situations is to simplistic. I also believe that many...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig Meh. You'd probably have skipped right over it without noticing. \t Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami That's even better than flaunting your Ferrari in public for all to see. During casual conversation when someone asks you what you did over the weekend, you can say "Eh, just took my car to the race track to burn off some steam." "Oh really? What kind of car?" "Eh, just...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Okay, upload aborted. - B Good, I was worried I might have to stop reading this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by suited This is the truth. Anyone who denies this is either full of shit, or they don't realize it yet. Nobody buys a Ferrari because it's a quality car, you buy it because it's a freakin Ferrari, people look at you when you're driving it, especially women. I'm sure there will be people who disagree with this, sadly-but it's the truth. If I could have a Ferrari and a private race track that no one could ever see...
Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami If you think about it, from a conscious perspective, there is really no good reason for men to be obsessed with getting the very best shoes on planet earth, the best made pen or the very best built mountain bike. Why should any red blooded male give a shit about this stuff anyway? Including clothes? We're men, we're not supposed to care about stuff like this, right? Just give us a beer, a remote control and a...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I hear that their facial products are fabulous.
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs Seaward & Stearn ties. They are fantastic quality and reasonably priced. (This has nothing to do with my signature.) Napoli Coast 7-Fold Neckties and this also has nothing to do with my signature file. Quote: Originally Posted by UnFacconable Question for the denizens of this forum (particularly in light of this thread): what do you think drives people to seek out the best? I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I love the old noodle-y pre-consolidation Merlins. They were all built relentlessly. My winter road bike is a "stealth" Merlin that they built for LeMond's old company as the Team Z climbing bike. Beautifully machined 6/4 titanium adjustable dropouts and a massive 6/4 drilled brake bridge, and old school details like a pump peg and welded on seatpost binder. Comfy. I ride a Litespeed Vortex during warmer...
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar ah yes, BMC. I've heard great things about Willier as well, but they can be tough to find. My brother likes Titus mountain bikes as well - I just like their fancy metal and carbon detailing. I have never ridden either Wilier or Titus but I did see a Wilier at Interbike and they do look quite nice. I cant comment on the ride quality or manufacturing quality of either though.
Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar I like Moots - but the prices of their frames are ridiculously high compared to my aluminum Santa Cruz. I ended up with a really nice Superlight for around $1200 including a Fox Float R fork (I was going to get a much cheaper fork, but they kept on delaying the bike and finally threw the Fox in there at no upgrade charge). A frew of my friends ride a Blur, and they just love it. And for road bikes, I do like...