or Connect

Posts by afuturestrader

Quote: Originally Posted by Despos You need to deepen and curve the seat seam which also gives more rise. Thanks for the thoughts. How would this be done? And how is this different from the "Vienna Crotch" strategy?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk Like I said, though, the pants are unhemmed. So presumably the suit is new. Take it back and get another suit. Correct, the suit is new. The suit fits me well overall, however the rise issue remains. I am debating whether or not to take it back.
Quote: Originally Posted by a tailor you tell him ter. a gentleman does not bend, ever. You guys have a great sense of humor. Let me give you some more material to work with - I meant "bend" at the knee. Walking up stairs would be an example.
When a pair of suit trousers are worn, and I bend, a weggie occurs. It is not dramatic but enough to fix. I have been told locally that the problem is the rise. The pants have not yet been hemmed. So a local tailor suggested taking a piece of pant cloth, after hemming, and add it to the seam in the crotch area to lengthen the rise. No more than an inch to inch and a half was suggested. Does this sound like a reasonable solution? The trousers will then look a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tony Romo Suits from the nice Barney's stores are made by Caruso. The suits I've seen at the Barney's outlet were some Canadian made ones... but this might be a different outlet. Yes, of the suits I saw some were made in Canada and some, "Pattelli", are made in Italy. Sounds like your outlet store only had the former. Thread hunting has conflicting information as to whether the "Pattelli" suits from Barneys are...
What do you think of Barney's private label suits? Are they canvassed, half-canvassed of all fused? Visited my local Barney's outlet and reviewed the suits available. Among others there were two types of suits, in numerous colors/patterns, under the Barney's label. One is made in Canada with a Loro Piana tag on the sleeve. The second is made in Italy with a Piattelli tag on the sleeve. While I did not write the pricing down they were similar and under $700 -...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultra-Violence I really like my TM Lewin navy 2-button suit. I got mine for $250 on sale with a coupon, free shipping, and VAT subtracted when not in the UK/Europe. Some pluses are that they do in-between sizes (39", 41", etc.) and separate trousers if you have a higher/lower than average waist drop or want a spare pair. The shoulders are pretty structured and the waist is a bit more suppressed than a more conservative suit but...
Quote: Originally Posted by othertravel Boss Selection is a great value for $500. I'd check out ebay, but also the outlet stores. I can send you pics of the 2 Boss Selection suits I have (they tend to hew towards the "classic look" (i.e. Mad Men style 3 piece and DB suits, super 120-150 fabrics. The Made in Germany ones are by Regent, which is considered one of best garment houses in the world (comparable to Brioni?). The made in Turkey ones are good...
Quote: Originally Posted by othertravel I'd say go for Hugo Boss Selection suits as an alternative. Most (if not all) are half canvassed, use fine wool (Zegna, Barbera, Loro Piana, etc...) and look stylish. You can find them for around $500. Thanks for the suggestion. Where can Hugo Boss Selection (hand tailored, as suggested by phxlawstudent) be purchased for roughly $500? I would like to take a look at one. What is the styling of Hugo...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWGP +1 to consider HF mainline and HSM GT if you're looking for solid cheapish suits. Obviously HF mainline is more expensive and you have to be more patient, though. If you're not checking out Rack, Last Call, Off Fifth, Century 21, and similar stores, you're really not getting the full range of possibilities out there. Yes, they do see solids on occasion, yes, they do go fast once the prices dip that...