or Connect

Posts by non boring

thanks for all the feedback. Haven't had a chance to visit the Fillmore store yet. The store associates at the LA RRL location told me otherwise after I insisted that the 'fashion' washes had stretched on me which is why I resorted here to get any other first hand knowledge. Granted, it may have just been that one associate who helped me but who knows. Been reading the measurements on Context's website also. I feel it depends on who I interact with at an RL store (or...
Does anyone have experience with the once-washed or raw selvedge RRL jeans? I have a few pairs of their fashion 'washed' models in both Low Straight and Slim fits but never owned a pair of their raw/one rinsed styles. The waist has tended stretch out about an 1" on my fashion pairs so I want to know if I should expect the same in their once-washed and raw models. Talking about these if I sound...
I got mine with the extra 25% off. The lighter color was on sale for $290 in store. Love them.
Sorry, I need to change my location (relocated to San Francisco). I'll try those products you recommended, thanks for the help!
Just picked up the Brunel boots. I know it doesn't say in the description but any chance anyone knows who the manufacturer is for their USA made boots? Just want to know if they're already treated or if I should put some type of redwing-esque waterproof solvent on them.
Can anyone shed any light as to the benefits of the quoted above? Looking to purchase the 701 based on this entire thread. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
How much shrinkage should I expect? Should I worry, especially if I'm asking for higher armholes or a shorter length overall?
Quote: Originally Posted by cmacey Although I shop at BB, I make an effort to visit Sid Mashburn's store every time I'm in Atlanta. I have a couple shirts from there and LOVE them. Is there a noticeable difference in quality/fit? I wear BB ESF. How are the Mashburn shirts? Do they have high arm holes? I emailed customer service asking general measurements so I'm waiting to hear back. Is it possible to have a 5" variance in width...
I'm seeing a lot of mixed feelings towards SM. Are his products sub par, particularly his shirts, both sport and dress? I was more curious as to why the arm lengths are all 34/35 (is that just a common standard or was this to allow proper arm lengths in the event you decide to have your arms up constantly as to not show forearm cleavage?). Or should/would I be better off by sticking to BB or investing the money into a shirt from Modern Tailor or something? Any...
Quote: Originally Posted by wysiwyg If you're willing to stomach an imperfection, get some seconds from Allen Edmonds, they're having a sale right now. The Delray looks very similar to that photo and the chili color pictured is $129. is this in store or online?