or Connect

Posts by Winot

If you can secure a table in the newly-opened Savoy Grill, then that would be a very special British meal. I would go for the evening to escape the business lunches.
Jaeger have some nice coats this season.
The Chancery Lane store has a one-day 20% off everything sale today (excluding legalwear). Some lovely formal wear but I made do with a wine-red wool & silk tie and some navy boxcloth braces.
Petridis is a great musical journalist but the fashion column is extremely irritating, mainly because it it predicated on not taking men's clothing seriously, in contrast to the women's column above (written by the lovely Jess Cartner-Morley).
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Somebody has to do all that head of statey stuff. If you make it the head of gov't then you can't abuse him to the same degree. You also can't kick him out at the drop of a hat. Good kings and queens also have a unifying effect that is useful, which no HoS who is also a HoG, however good, can ever have. I'd be happier with the figurehead stuff being done by a hereditary monarch if they ditched the...
Richard Anderson.
Very nice shape. Jacket a touch short for my liking.
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog in Suit Why the different approaches to SB and DB? Are they worn in different contexts? Same context (work). I have some SBs from Meyer & Mortimer too that I am happy with, but there is a comfort level from a draped suit that appeals to me and Stephen Hitchcock really nailed the fit with the SB he made for me. I was less convinced by the look of his DB. The M&M DB on the other hand looked fantastic and...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar It also depends of your evolving sartorial taste... I love structured one button look a la Huntsman and now I have moved to the double-breasted Anderson&Sheppard drape ... Why? Different moods different ages different suits... Quite - although I have gone the other way - structured DBs from Meyer & Mortimer and drapey SBs from Stephen Hitchcock.
Sean O'Flynn will make you a bespoke shirt in Loro Piana cloth for £190.