or Connect

Posts by Winot

Just bought a suit length of this via my tailor (Meyer & Mortimer): http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/232/london-lounge/london-lounge-char-blue-windowpane Horribly expensive but (a) can't find a heavyweight blue flannel that touches it and (b) price is due to go up on 1 April. Interestingly, Fox didn't give the tailor a discount. I'll have it made into a DB suit over the late summer ready for late autumn.
A Sinn in the sun:
Have just ordered a pair of wholecuts in midnight blue stingray from Cleverley Adam told me they don't like to include the pearl - I thought he said it was difficult to cut through but I don't quite understand why this would be an issue. Anyway, I agree with the view expressed above that it would look tacky.I intend to wear the shoes in exactly the context described below:Winot
Yes, I realise that horses don't have naturally cross-hatched behinds! Apparently Horween will add cross-hatching to any cordovan you want, although it can take up to a year. Cleverley said that they had some midnight blue cordovan in stock (not sure if cross-hatched or natural) and could get other colours e.g. green.
I agree with this - in fact I was in Cleverley today for a fitting of a pair of pigskin double monk ankle boots. I chose pigskin over pebble grain calf because I preferred the nature texture (although I have had pebble grain shoes/boots made before).I also bit the bullet and ordered some midnight blue stingray wholecuts (ouch on the price but I'm confident they will look amazing).Next commission is likely to be a pair of full brogues in the Horween cross-hatch cordovan,...
Fair enough.I am trying to build my shoe collection up a bit more quickly (now that my suit collection is complete*) and one of the slightly frustrating things is that a new pair can't really be started until the old pair are finished. I guess one could reques that a second last is made, or alternatively use more than one show maker, or just have more patience.(*obviously a lie)
Would love to see those. I am planning a pair of dark blue Chelsea boots from them with a medallion.
I picked up a couple of lengths of Rangoon when Minni's were selling it at £16/m - navy blue and a b/w houndstooth. It's pretty good. What was even better though was the Airbourne acquired around the same time - drapes better than the Rangoon despite being lighter weight.
(Edited to fix upload problem)
New Cleverleys - calf and suede: (Edited to fix upload problem)