or Connect

Posts by Winot

Embarrassed to say I can't remember cloth. It's got quite a lot of green in it in the flesh. Will go with light brown, cream and pale blue trousers. Maybe even pale pink. Shouldn't be too difficult to pair.
Going to get this made up by Elia Caliendo. Summer jacket.
I must say I prefer the top version of the Dualtime, and if it had been available when I was buying a dress GMT I would have seriously considered it. Is it a new or old model? The JLC website is dreadful and is telling me they don't sell any dual timezone watches.
Back to Nomos. This was my entry into mechanical watches too, via the Tetra. Have still got it but will sell shortly - it's a nice watch but feels too small now. I also have a Tangomat GMT. Not this one with the 3 letter location code, but the earlier discontinued model with the number of hours +/- GMT: It's a nice size and I love the Bauhaus-inspired design. Would prefer the Lange Saxonia Dualtime, but that's 7 times the price... I've just had a look back at the...
Pale blue. Maybe even pale pink.
Both are the real deal (although I haven't tried them personally).You probably realise this, but I think you need to get moving fast. IME a first bespoke suit takes a minimum of 3 months and needs 3 fittings. Make clear to the cutter that it's for a wedding and must be done in time (agree a deadline a fortnight the wedding day before in case there are last minute changes). Make sure they are sure they can do it in time!
I just searched for Airborne and this post came up:http://www.styleforum.net/t/64587/minnis-airborne-anyone-ever-have-anything-made#post_1048047So it does look like you were heading in that direction.(it's an interesting thread BTW)
Airborne is fantastic, but also discontinued I think. I'm a big fresco fan too.
I'm going to cautiously put my head above the parapet and say that I not a big fan of Rangoon. I have two suits tailored by different houses from the original end run of Minnis Rangoon and I am not impressed with the way it drapes. Much worse than Airborne (which is lighter weight I think).
I've got a Grande Reverso Ultra Thin and love it, but two criticisms:1. Scratches as mentioned above. Quite noticeable.2. The nature of the rectangular face is that it's difficult to set/read an exact time.