or Connect

Posts by Winot

I am flying out of LHR Sunday to the US. Have just rung Watches of Switzerland - yes they do have the Exp. II in stock; no they can't reserve it for me, even if I put down a deposit; no, they can't even take the full amount by phone for me to pick up Sunday. Bizarre tax free rules I suppose. Fingers crossed it's still there Sunday.
Tried it this lunchtime at the Omega showroom on New Bond Street. Didn't like it in the flesh - too big and shiny.Popped into JLC to try the Master Compressor GMT but it's been discontinued. Thought I'd give the IWC Ingenieur GMT another try but the big Watches of Switzerland on Regent St don't stock it.Sights are focussing in on the Explorer...
That's really encouraging, thanks, and thanks also to everyone else particularly @mimo for the alternatives. I actually really like the look of the Omega AT, but suspect it will wear a bit large - will try it and see. Similarly I really liked the look of the IWC Ingenieur Dual Time, but it just feels too large on the wrist.(Incidentally it's irritating how many watch manufacturers fail to quote the case thickness on their website - it's not just diameter that matters!)I...
I am weighing up my next purchase, which will be: (i) A holiday watch, for swimming, so either on a bracelet or rubber strap (ii) With a GMT complication (iii) Not too large - 40/42mm ideally although could push to 44mm if it doesn't wear too large (iv) Ideally with a date, although not a deal breaker. The front runner at the moment is the Rolex Explorer II with a white face. I also looked at (and tried on) the GMT Master ii (tried both black and blue/black) but not...
Bespoke cuff links from London Rocks, Hatton Garden. Rose gold and ruby.
I went for a Radiomir PAM 337 at 42mm and haven't regretted it for a moment. It's plenty big enough for my taste.
This over-sized watch trend is getting ridiculous.
Done.
Any update on this?
Thanks - they gave me a good price (I was waiting on one for a long time) and gave me a decent part-exchange price on an old over-sized Glycine too.