or Connect

Posts by Winot

I agree with this - in fact I was in Cleverley today for a fitting of a pair of pigskin double monk ankle boots. I chose pigskin over pebble grain calf because I preferred the nature texture (although I have had pebble grain shoes/boots made before).I also bit the bullet and ordered some midnight blue stingray wholecuts (ouch on the price but I'm confident they will look amazing).Next commission is likely to be a pair of full brogues in the Horween cross-hatch cordovan,...
Fair enough.I am trying to build my shoe collection up a bit more quickly (now that my suit collection is complete*) and one of the slightly frustrating things is that a new pair can't really be started until the old pair are finished. I guess one could reques that a second last is made, or alternatively use more than one show maker, or just have more patience.(*obviously a lie)
Would love to see those. I am planning a pair of dark blue Chelsea boots from them with a medallion.
I picked up a couple of lengths of Rangoon when Minni's were selling it at £16/m - navy blue and a b/w houndstooth. It's pretty good. What was even better though was the Airbourne acquired around the same time - drapes better than the Rangoon despite being lighter weight.
(Edited to fix upload problem)
New Cleverleys - calf and suede: (Edited to fix upload problem)
Not sure if that would be enough contrast for my liking. Also not sure about a GBP 4000 pair of shoes (guessing).
Heading out to the Lambeth Country Show:
Thanks guys - interesting ideas. I'll have a muse and see what Cleverley think. Am leaning towards calf/reindeer.
I am thinking of having a Devon shoe made by Cleverley for my next commission: Love the look but not sure about the practicality of the tobacco suede. Thoughts? Also wondering about subbing the Russian reindeer for the croc. Which would be dearer, do you think?