or Connect

Posts by Winot

I had a shirt made once in bamboo. May have even been the Acorn range. It didn't last long.
Another with 2 girls! (9 & 11). Congratulations!
Simon Crompton had a summer DB made in navy hopsack. https://www.permanentstyle.com/2015/05/hopsack-blazer-the-perfect-summer-jacket.html
Take a look at Stuart Lamprell:http://stuartlamprell.co.ukHas space at Meyer & Mortimer. Cut my first properly bespoke suit in 2003 when he was at Timorhy Everest.
I'm definitely going to get the Luminor next time I pass through LHR and sell my Radiomir. The Radiomir isn't getting much wrist time as it's a bit caught in the middle between dressy and casual.The Lange is a long-term prospect. Far too expensive for me right now. I like it far more than the Perpetual which is too busy for my taste. I like clean symmetrical dials and the Lange is the most successful of that complication that I've seen.The Patek is lovely - when I was...
I love Caliendo's SBs but for some reason his DB cut just doesn't suit me.
The Patek store then WoS for the other two. I'm a bit embarrassed about how many times I go in there.
Kicking tyres this lunchtime (excuse the crappy phone pics). Reinforced my desire for a Lange Annual Calendar for my 50th, or earlier if possible.
I'm going to get Elia Caliendo to make it into a suit with SB 3-patch jacket and flat-fronted trousers with belt loops. My thinking is that the jacket and trousers will both work separately or together.Won't be commissioning this till early next year - he can normally turn a suit around in 3/4 months and so it'll be ready for late Spring. No point forking out too early.
I bought a dress watch earlier in the year. Wanted something slim, gold, no date and ideally no second hand. Was convinced I was going to end up with a Patek - I love the vintage Calatravas. But when it came to it, the older models on sale were too small and I didn't like the UFO-profile of the newer models. Ended up with a Saxonia Thin because I loved the case design.