or Connect

Posts by Winot

I am considering a Reverso too, and have narrowed down my choice to the Grande Taille, Ultra Thin or Classique as I want the steel back. I am passing through Heathrow T5 on Friday and might pull the trigger at the Mappin & Webb store there to take advantage of the VAT discount.
Yeah I thought about a Duo, but not sure I'm that keen on the black face and the need to reverse it to see the second time zone is less convenient than the Lange. When I'm jet lagged and between meetings in Tokyo I'd like to be able to just glance at the watch to see whether to call the kids.I am in the market for a Reverso though (probably a Classique or Grand Taille) on the spurious ground that when reversed it'd be the safest way of wearing a nice watch on my cycle ride...
I don't think I've ever had two suits that have exactly the same cut from the 3 houses I use regularly. And that's with the same cutter each time in each. It's the nature of bespoke I think.
Thanks for the useful input. I'd like a dual time zone watch and the Lange is the nicest I've seen. At the end of the day I can afford it (with a bit of saving) and so I suspect I will get it - I don't see the point of getting a No. 2 choice where I'm always be going to be thinking 'if only I'd got the Lange'.My nervousness about price is more of a psychological barrier iykwim. Up until a year or so ago I'd not spent more than GBP 700 on a watch (I've got a Nomos Tetra, a...
Got it - thanks. Looks nice but not as nice as the Lange. Will try to find one irl.
Yes, you've got a point about the size of the seconds hand dial. But if I am going to get a dual time zone watch then I cannot find one which I like better than the Lange. As I say, it's just the price that is slowing me down, both the outlay and the prospect of having something on my wrist worth more than my car. I'm sure I'll get over it though!
Do you mean the JLC Squadra Hometime? I like the look of it but it's almost 15mm thick (the Lange is a shade under 10mm) and feels very clunky on the wrist.
I'm thinking of getting a Lange & Sohne Saxonia Dualtime, either in due course new or pre-owned (if available): http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/images/watches/385026.jpg I love the look and the feel on the wrist, it's a good size for me and seems to be a very elegant way to show a dual time zone. The downside is the cost (£22K retail in London). Any thoughts?
They'll definitely be party shoes - worn with something like dark grey velvet trousers and a dark navy peak lapel one button jacket. The shoes are midnight blue verging on black so hopefully won't be too gangsterish.
Cleverley are making me a pair of stingray wholecuts at the moment and I'm about an 11.5 UK size.