or Connect

Posts by Winot

Quote: Originally Posted by fox81 Im heading down to Graham Browne for my baste fitting later today. How much is a M&M suit worth anyway? Price from earlier this year: 3 piece suit was £2339 less discount of 7.5% plus VAT of 15% = £2,488.12 (I believe the discount is given for the first suit ordered). That's what it cost; what it's worth is rather more subjective. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Graham Browne.
Quote: Originally Posted by fox81 so can you pick one of these as the best suited to you and that you'd use regularly from hereon? Certainly business suits from Meyer & Mortimer. I would go for Connock & Lockie for sports jackets if I could be convinced that they could turn a jacket around in a reasonable timeframe, but at the moment I think they are overworked and I am not sure it's going to get better. So my next sports jacket will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog in Suit If I understand correctly, the OP has already reached that decision: he wants to "step up" to SR bespoke quality. Frog in Suit Correct - have a look at the post I linked to TheWraith for my thoughts at that time on the downside of Graham Browne. In fact, since then Russ and Dan have pretty much taken over from Graham and things have if anything improved - a better choice of fabrics and a better...
No minimum order at Sean O'Flynn. Starting price £165 iirc. He has some fantastic Loro Piana linen/cotton mixes at £205.
Quote: Originally Posted by Loudly Boldly resurrecting this post. Has anyone used Connock & Lockie or Sims & Macdonald recently? And does anyone care to share pictures? I've been in the MTM camp for a while (in the price range of Sims bespoke), and am thinking of moving to full bespoke. I am tossed up on spending a lot of money at Meyer & Mortimer for what will no doubt be top notch work, or going with one of the above as a toe in the water and/or...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Not much lawyering to do these days. Well I'm glad it's not the marriage.
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast Oh no... I don't think it would be wise to shrink him even further. I'm just wondering what's wrong with his caseload and/or marriage that he has the time to do this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Because the straps are insulation I don't need. They honestly make me uncomfortable, not from any pulling, but from the heat. I m chewing over this problem at the moment. My first suit from Meyer & Mortimer was a three piece (13oz blue Smiths herringbone) with trousers cut for braces. Very comfortable; high rise and no pulling. I am about to order a two piece in a Minnis Airborne (7oz) and am wondering...
Just ordered a pair of the vintage tennis shoes from Lodger footwear:
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent What might a 41-year-old and his 38-year-old brother consider doing once the sun sets? Obviously, we're not as young as we used to be, and still might be recovering from our Hadrian's Wall hike. But it would still be nice to do something out of the ordinary. My brother might have some suggestions. He's been to London before while on tour with his band (he's one-half of the Stars of the Lid duo). What...