or Connect

Posts by thromb

If wearing with thicker socks you might consider bumping up a 1/2 size and/or width, depending on how the barrie fits you. If the Barrie is slightly big on your foot, you may be ok with thicker socks.i recently picked up the Indy (TB) in my barrie size, that fits me well. With thinner socks they sizing was effectively the same but felt snug when I put on thicker athletic socks. FWIW you might try putting on your barries with the socks you plan to wear with the Indy's...
Great Alt Wiens and great pickup. I picked up a pair several months ago when they first went on sale. they're one of my favorite pairs.
Call her. I havent had much luck emailing her but she's very responsive to phone calls.I called recently regarding the status of a pre-order (alpine grain NST on commando). She was busy with a customer so they took down my info and Yenni called me back a couple of days later.
Thanks for the responses. Didn't go to the J. Gilbert store but did visit Lawrence Covell in the Cherry Creek area.The store had 8 stock models in standard sizes and widths. All CXL or suede (barrie lasted PTB and dovers, leydon-lasted chukkas, indy boot and a shortwing). Tried on a few pairs but my foot isn't made for the Leydon Last without going wide and they only stocked D widths.Very nice family owned store and I interacted with a helpful salesman named Rick who's...
I'm heading to Denver for a few days and was wondering if there were any stores worth visiting that carried Aldens. I did a search of the thread and saw that Lawrence Covell carries Aldens. There is also a J. Gilbert store in the Cherry Creek area. Has anyone visited that particular store? Thanks. Grant
How do you size these compared to the Barrie? I wear a 8.5E/9D on the Barrie and have been eyeing these for the past month. I'm also surprised these haven't moved faster.
great stuff!
thanks for the heads up! just ordered the beautiful Alt Weins!
I've ordered from Kent Wang and Epaulet before so there's no issue with them arriving within 2 weeks. In fact Kent's stuff tends to get to me in 2-3 days since I live in Houston. I like the Vanda option because of the custom monogramming and the good looking tie but shipping time is a concern.In the end I'll probably get 2 of the 3 ties below to keep my options open.EpauletKW
The wedding I'm attending would lean toward the casual side but not too far over. I like the Vanda and particularly because they can do Chinese character monograms! But the wedding is just under two weeks ago and afraid it wouldnt make it to the states in time. Glad that shepherd check was brought up. I'm also looking at black or possibly red check. I plan on wearing a high blue navy suit along with a white shirt. pretty standard wedding guest attire. May I should...