or Connect

Posts by thromb

Great looking wingtips! I've had these shoes in and out of my Jcrew cart a number of times this past month... Those brass eyelets are hot...I might pull the trigger one of these sleepless nights!
Congrats! I just became a new father for the second time on Wednesday, this time a boy!. Congrats again!
IMO based on your sizing of the 65 last, he 8E in the barrie and trubalance would work for you.My barrie size with thin/med thickness socks is 8.5E (best) but 9D works pretty well too. Pretty much the same size on the trubalance for me. I wear a 9E on the 65 last (e.g. park ave, strand).
Morning all. Love all the Alden pics posted this past week. Received my AoC ravello LWBs a couple of days ago and just got to unboxing yesterday evening and wanted to share a few pics. What a gorgeous color!
Congrats, they look great. I have a pair on the way for the same purpose.
I did the same thing! Cigar as soon as they showed up on the site and cognac about an hour ago.
If wearing with thicker socks you might consider bumping up a 1/2 size and/or width, depending on how the barrie fits you. If the Barrie is slightly big on your foot, you may be ok with thicker socks.i recently picked up the Indy (TB) in my barrie size, that fits me well. With thinner socks they sizing was effectively the same but felt snug when I put on thicker athletic socks. FWIW you might try putting on your barries with the socks you plan to wear with the Indy's...
Great Alt Wiens and great pickup. I picked up a pair several months ago when they first went on sale. they're one of my favorite pairs.
Call her. I havent had much luck emailing her but she's very responsive to phone calls.I called recently regarding the status of a pre-order (alpine grain NST on commando). She was busy with a customer so they took down my info and Yenni called me back a couple of days later.
Thanks for the responses. Didn't go to the J. Gilbert store but did visit Lawrence Covell in the Cherry Creek area.The store had 8 stock models in standard sizes and widths. All CXL or suede (barrie lasted PTB and dovers, leydon-lasted chukkas, indy boot and a shortwing). Tried on a few pairs but my foot isn't made for the Leydon Last without going wide and they only stocked D widths.Very nice family owned store and I interacted with a helpful salesman named Rick who's...