or Connect

Posts by jgeldner

removed triple post
Would you take $40 for the olive and pink Drake's? Local pickup in DC?
I went a little nuts with the prints and ordered the Cellarius, Lindisfarne Gospels, Elijah Burritt, and Great Wave squares back in December. Got the Cellarius right away and was the one I was least excited about. Now that I've had it for 2 months or so, however, it's become probably my favorite square...it'll be worth the wait (just hoping I'll say the same about the great wave...)
same here - hope to actually make it this time around...
it's a pretty standard alteration, but I wouldn't trust a dry cleaner to do it - take it to a real tailor. see a full explanation from someone who actually knows about these things here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/306029/that-pesky-roll-below-the-collar/0_100
I don't think you'd get better value out of OTR. My suits from ProperSuit (I've said before, but I have 2), compare well above their cost against retail. For $800 retail, you're getting hugo boss or maybe BB 1818. Those are either half canvassed or fused, with low to mid range fabric. From ProperSuit for the same money, your'e getting full canvas with a similar fabric. Their entry level fabric is nothing special, but it is plenty nice - soft, smooth, and has lasted me a...
The good news (unlike with an online MTM operation) is that they'll have swatches at your fitting with Proper Suit, so you'll be able to see and touch the fabric before buying a suit. My first suit (which I'm wearing today) is the essentials ($750) line charcoal. Is it the nicest fabric I've felt or worn? (no, obviously not, it was $750 for a fully canvassed suit), but it compares favorably to anything I've seen OTR under about 1.5K (fabric feels as nice to me as Hickey...
do you have measurements on the BB coat?
At the risk of sounding like a shill, I've got two suits from Proper Suit and couldn't be happier. Would be happy to go into more depth on the process/fit etc, but don't want to overstep by posting too much (think my last few posts have been about them). I've been happy with the fit, quality, price, and process. Fabric selection is good too (they have an overwhelming number of choices, and because the fitting is done in person you get to see and touch all of them). I went...
I don't think the "control issue" exists. We've been talking about brides, but this isn't about weddings, (OP didn't say he's getting married, right? Just that his girlfriend doesn't like his tux?). Which leads me to the following conclusion: Commenting on the strength a relationship between two people we've never met because one person wants the other to wear something other than his ideal seems like internet bullshit. Just sayin'. OP - relationships are built on...