or Connect

Posts by jmoody15

Trying to decide if I should go with a BB 1818 suit, or do a Samuelson for another $100 or so. Also, I can get a Crittenden for the same price as the Samuelson. Not sure if people have much experience with the Crittenden, though. Thoughts?
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidus Well the sale is up and it seems like their 1818 suits are only 30% off. Any idea if they're doing 30% off the 2-for deals this time? Looking to get a couple of suits, but not really worth it unless the sale is on top of the 2-for prices. Then I might get a couple of suits and some pants
Quote: Originally Posted by dsmolken Yeah... two inches? I've done that kind of thing when needing an extra half inch or so (and moving the neck button wasn't enough) and got away with it, but two inches sounds like way too much to not be obvious. Not gonna work -- from personal experience: My neck grew about half an inch after a throat surgery, and so all of my shirts were half an inch too small (I like my collars snug around my neck) and...
Quote: Originally Posted by starjing What is your budget? What do u think about this Ralph Lauren Men's Tuxedo?On Christmas sale,it costs $224. Good luck! This. Surely you will buy it, since he wished you luck...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits I would suggest that the proper thing would be to return it and try to pick something else out from the store that you like. My reasoning for this suggestion is the following: 1) It is bad etiquette for the giver to ask what becomes of a gift once given. While having the reason of "it didn't fit right" always is a good back up, it really should be unnecessary. However, if a person is uncouth enough to...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe Perhaps under the auspice of picking something out for him? And mentioning while there your own preferences? This was my thought... It sounds like your style is a lot like his, but that he has a hard time understanding that. Maybe you take him out for his birthday to buy him something as a gift. Try and find something that you both would like, and say "that's my style - and I bet it would look good...
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred BR sweaters are totally worthless. They lose their shape after about ten wears. I recommend staying away. I read "ten years" at first glance. I found myself wondering what sweaters made you happy...
That sucks. I'm not big on buying things without first putting my hands on them...
Is there somewhere in the US you can get your hands on a new Stowa? Haven't had any luck finding a place.
Is there a real advantage to an AE outlet store, or is it just like the regular stores? An AE outlet just opened in my area, but there are no AE stores around, so I'm wondering if there are any real deals to be had