or Connect

Posts by Henry Carter

Dear Dimitris, Thanks for the invite. As I'm no longer an affiliate vendor I probably don't have much to add for now other than to mention that the zig zag knit ties that many of us carry aren't actually woven by sozzi in house but contracted out to a manufacturer. Sozzi do co-brand them for wholesale clients but it's also possible to go direct to the source and specify width/length. As to my personal preferences for knit ties then they are without a doubt always square...
I would say Brown too as a personal preference but then the stats say different, we'd sell 4 to 1 navy to brown. As to country clothes then personally I'd stay away from grenadines in general for something less formal like a wool (challis or woven) or knit of some sort. Though country clothes in Australia don't really include ties anyway, but of course YMMV.
we can all hope
For Sydney weather certainly agree. But then Sydney-siders think it's cold when it's 6 degrees overnight. I know because I used to be one....
Oh sure, I raced for a long time too and was always hard on parts when I did. Im lucky do do 200km a week these days though and I'm not so hard on stuff. Anyway my mates ultegra is only about 8 months old and it was a simple downshift from big to small chain rings not under hard load. It jumped off in between the cranks and BB and got stuck then of course bent. We were all really surprised.
Interest check fellas on a few things lying around. 1) MJ Bale mudgee suit jacket in mid grey (no trousers) in 42L. Bnwt and comes with bag and hanger. Has a small nick in the cloth upper left sleeve. Could be repaired pretty easy. $50. Can send pics of the nick. 2) carmina Robert last dark brown captoes. 9uk. Topied and had heel replaced but in very good cond. Will be polished and condition and supplied in original box. $125 again can take photos pm if interested. Paid...
One of my mates who has Ultegra electric still dropped his chain mid ride and bent it completely out of shape to the point he had to get his wife to come and pick him up. I said I thought the electronic stuff was supposed to be precision shifting? I guess for me I like the idea of adjusting the derailleur's with a turn of a screw rather than relying on the electronic system.
The weight would be the killer for me. I'm 6 foot 2 and 87kg and no weight weenie but any stock bike running 105 will probably be north of 9kg and adding to that doesn't seem wise when good brakes and pads stop very well. I've run dura ace brakes and pads for ages now and never had any probs. I'd imagine the current 105 brakes are probably just as good as my 5 year old Dura Ace ones.If I was getting a disc braked bike I'd just look at a cyclocross one that can be banged...
Mine cost about $500 AUD. We stripped it and re-built it ourselves though.Big fan of those, if my next bike was to be an off the rack bike then I'd definitely consider one. I'll prob build something from scratch though exactly as I want it.I had a CAAD7 years ago, great bikes. Only got rid of it because I crashed it at about 65km/h and bent it out of shape.I'm also not a fan of discs on road bikes, though giant have a few nice ones atm.
Thanks for all the thumbs on Friday. Another shantung today....