or Connect

Posts by Henry Carter

Thanks mate. All of the new Macclesfields will be 9cm and the grenadine re-stocks and linen/silk blends will be 8.5cm wide.
Thanks again everyone, really appreciate it. Now back to business, with Fathers Day in Australia this Sunday there is still time to get orders in and have them delivered in time (I'd definitely recommend you pay for express post however). Brown Macclesfield neat http://www.henrycarter.com.au/product/brown-macclesfield-floral-neat/
Thanks all for the kind words. Been a whirlwind of a day from 6am waking up and my wife saying she'd been timing contractions since 3am, at the hospital by 6.30am, baby came at 9.15am and everyone was sweet so we came home at 6pm and the little fella didn't say boo the whole way home. Everyone is in bed sound asleep (except for me) but I'm not far off. Here is a pic ready to go home
Born with a fly rod in his hand, we welcomed Arthur Charles Segrott in to the world this morning at 9.15am after a short 6 hour labour. 51cm and 7.6lb they are both doing well and my wife was an absolute champion throughout. Anyone that's placed an order in the last couple of days please bear with us for a bit.
We are back up and running again. For everyone's information I gave my hosting people the sack today and in the coming weeks we'll be migrating to a new host that offer much stricter controls and offer 24/7 support. I'll personally be glad once it's all done because with less than a week until my my wife is due I've got other things to lose sleep over.
Don't think you can
Burgundy Macclesfield neat http://www.henrycarter.com.au/product/burgundy-macclesfield-neat-print/
You'll be glad to know this coming season pretty much all will be made 3cm shorter to 147cm. I'm 6"2' so in the past have made them for taller guys in general, but have listened to feedback and will try a bit shorter. The part that catching sounds like the tie tac, which all good ties should have. That's why you should undo it not yank it! But I often do it to, though I have an unlimited supply.
Thicker wool lining as opposed to lighter linen makes a superior knot, that's really the only reason. I really don't like un-lined ties either for the same reason, you can still make a nice light lined and un-tipped tie without compromising the knot.
That's the thing, there is only so high a quality a tie can be made to and from there price is set by fabric, construction and mostly brand status i.e Drakes/VM. What I don't like about VM is that they use all the same contruction (un-tipped and hand-rolled) which is just not the best construction to use for some fabric like grenadines that can stretch a lot or jacquard weaves that have very messy backs. What I do like about them is that they are branded well and have a...